DAI seeks a Finance & Logistics Officer in Gulu for a five-year, $24 million dollar USAID-funded agriculture program. The Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity (FtF IAM) works with agro-industry/agribusiness firms, Government of Uganda institutions and agencies, and market actor organizations on creating efficiencies in cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes to sustainably increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agriculture-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity contributes to the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Uganda Country Plan goal of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty, as well as the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) 2016-2021 five-year goal of strengthening Uganda’s systems to accelerate inclusive education, health, and economic outcomes. The Activity works throughout the FtF Uganda Zone of Influence (ZOI), which covers 38 districts spread across four regions of Uganda.
- Manage the day-to-day business operations of the Gulu office.
- Manage full-time driver staff and project vehicles to meet the travel needs of Activity staff.
- Manage the security of the office premises, property, and vehicles.
- Responsible for the financial management of the Gulu office, assuring adherence to financial policies, Activity policies and procedures, regulations, controls and reporting systems.
- Provide accounting and financial analysis support to the Kampala office and ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines.
- Verify vendor invoices and accuracy of expenses, and ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, and coordinate with Kampala office on vendor payments.
- Assist in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirement, as applicable.
- Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
- Ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions in the Gulu office.
- Responsible for recording costs and day-to-day general accounting and risk management.
- Work collaboratively with Kampala office staff.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Director, Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, and project operations.
- Minimum one year experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Experience with USAID procurement policy, or logistics preferred.
- Ability to apply laws, regulations and instructions and interpret DAI and USAID policy.
- Fluent English required.
The Finance & Logistics Officer will supervise the Driver/Logistician.
Base of Operations:
The Finance & Logistics Officer reports to the Director, Finance & Administration.
Please apply via this link https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/uxs0irngkl/index.html by December 15, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.