Internews is seeking a Finance, Human Resources & Administrative Manager for a potential USAID-funded media support project initiative in Indonesia. The position reports to the Chief of Party in Jakarta and works with the Media Engagement Specialist and Subgrants Manager to ensure all operations are in compliance with USAID Rules and Regulations as well as Internews standard policies and procedures. The Finance, HR & Administrative Manager is responsible for oversight of all financial operations, human resources, and administrative compliance.
Note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinate with Internews’ government relations functions, including registration, tax filings, visas, and other operational and compliance matters.
- Works with the Chief of Party, Asia Business Manager and donors to assess all local rules and regulations, including financial policies, that apply to all projects and all grantees and establish necessary internal procedures and policies for compliance.
- Creates local financial guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with local law & Internews policies.
- Maintains all local office financial records.
- Manages payments to local and international outside service providers.
- Provides financial analysis on a monthly basis, as well as prepares quarterly financial reports.
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests (WTR) for local operational costs.
- Prepares monthly projections for project monthly activities.
- Oversees financial management of subawards and subcontracts in coordination with the Subgrants Coordinator.
- Responsible for ensuring petty cash is maintained at a feasible level for operational activities as per HQ petty cash procedures and policies.
- Oversees local payroll and maintains local tax compliance.
- Manages preparation of internal and external audits. Prepares responses and actions to internal audit comments.
- Meets regularly with Chief of Party and Asia Business Manager to discuss budget vs. projected spend.
- Assists with new business development, including budget preparation and forecasting.
Human Resources Management
- Oversees recruitment and establishment of local employment and technical assistance contracts.
- Oversees filing maintenance of confidential local personnel records.
- Responsible for establishing local HR policies and procedures, including an employee handbook
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws and regulations.
- Oversees procurements for goods and services, following Internews policies and procedures.
- Oversees the effective and efficient running of all administrative operations.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- At least 5 years’ previous management experience, including staff, financial and administrative oversight, preferably with an international NGO.
- Previous experience with USAID funding preferred.
- Human Resources experience and working knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy in working with large amount of financial and other data
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audits process (e.g. procurement, local sub grants agreements etc.)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organizing and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Indonesian registration requirements
- Knowledge of the Indonesian media/CSO landscape is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of computer terminal and reading printed and electronic materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work hours are moderately flexible, but generally Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Benefits Information: This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.