• Train budget holders, finance and support staff on budget preparation and budget monitoring;
• Prepare Top down and populate eBPO in consultation with FM;
• allocation of support cost percentage I amount for every new Grant and ensure adequate support cost (national and international support salary, and operational costs are incorporated;
• work with the AMs and ensure accurate reliable master support budget in place and updated;
• Ensure accurate master support budget, the funding gap identified, monitored and flagged to AMs, and FM, measures suggested and followed up to reduce the deficit;
• Share summary Budget Vs Actual for the entire program with FM upon request and at least once a month;
• Work with budget holders and various support staff to prepare quality budgets;
• Prepare financial reports for all NRC Uganda projects;
• Follow with the FM to ensure that NRC receives instalments from donors on time as per the project agreement;
• Support the Area Managers and Country Director to effectively use Master Budget Vs Actual;
• Prepare and share BVA with budget holders on timely basis. (ensure it is prepared in the donor format). Ensure documented BVA meetings with action plans and follow ups. Update the FM on the status of the agreed action plans before the next BVA meeting;
• Ensure that all the relevant staff know how to use Agresso Accelerator and are able to retrieve reports from Agresso;
• Support the budget holders to allocate costs to the relevant budget lines. Including checking PRs in Kampala/field for correct project codes and budget reference;
• Training finance staff on checking costs against budgets before posting costs into Agresso;
• Prepare fair share calculation of support costs across various donors and support the finance staff to correctly charge costs according to this agreed fair share calculations;
• Share salary allocations and ensure time sheets are signed and uploaded into Agresso;
• Support the budget holders with identifying cost relocations;
• Support the FM and controller with yearend closure process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
• At least 3 years of INGO experience in a similar position.
• CPA 3 qualification is added advantage.
• Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
• Knowledge of Agresso is an added advantage.
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail
• Very strong financial analysis skills
• High integrity
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
• Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Duty station: Kampala
Salary/benefits: According to NRC Uganda’s Salary structure.
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis, the successful candidate will be expected to start ASAP
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected