Starting Date: 04/02/2019
Financial Coordination: Ensure that JSI policies and procedures, and donor contractual requirements are followed for all aspects of project office finance and operations; serve as primary point of contact with in country staff for monthly field account processing including review of documentation to ensure it is accurate and properly justified, provide feedback to the field office and ensure corrections are done in timely manner; review and process monthly cash flow requests, advance requests, expense reports, vendor payments, and expatriate staff allowances; assist the Finance and Operations Manager with financial management of project as needed (e.g. research/ request cost inputs, support budget preparation, projections update, expenditures tracking, etc.). Serve as a resource for JSI financial systems and tools, including FieldLink and Quickbooks.
Financial Reporting/Invoicing: Prepare complete and accurate back-up documentation for donor invoices in accordance contractual requirements (as needed).
Operations: Assist with the preparation and processing of consultant agreements, purchase orders, and vendor agreements, including obtaining bids and preparing purchase requests, and vendor selection justifications.; arrange for shipping of supplies and equipment; process advances and payments for all types including reviewing documentation and ensuring compliance before processing payment.
Travel: Make flight and hotel bookings for staff and consultants; manage visa processing; request travel approval, as necessary; purchase insurance; review and process expense reports.
Meetings/Events/Conferences: Provide administrative coordination for regular finance, admin and operations team meetings, including calls with field staff; assist with meeting logistics including scheduling, drafting of agenda, sending appointments, taking and circulating notes and following up on action items after meetings; support the preparation and logistics for special technical events such as conferences and workshops.
New Business Development: Assist Center staff in the development of proposals and other new business development activities, including supporting the Finance and Operations Manager with the cost proposal development to ensure that all cost documents are drafted, formatted and submitted in accordance with RFP requirements; research or request budget cost inputs from the field and compile cost proposal documents (e.g., financial statements) according to donor needs/requirements.
Filing: maintain print and electronic operating files and regularly update network drives; regularly file away field accounts in boxes for shipping off-site.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or 3-4 years of experience demonstrating ability in the knowledge, skills to perform the job required;
- Proven finance, administrative and organizational skills preferred;
- Previous experience backstopping overseas field offices preferred, including relevant in-country experience;
- Ability to work independently and in groups, to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills–demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English required;
- Willingness to travel as requested.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 03/27/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.