PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH Senegal works in partnership with Ministry of Health towards improving the health of the Senegalese population. Since 2001, PATH has collaborated with government leaders, communities, health care workers, and other stakeholders to identify and deploy innovative approaches to combat malaria and other infectious diseases, strengthen health systems, improve reproductive health, and address the growing threat of non-communicable diseases. Going forward, PATH will continue to expand its work and partnerships in Senegal to strengthen health systems, improve services, and bring high-quality care to women, children, and communities.
PATH is seeking a bilingual Finance Assistant to provide support for project activities in Senegal. The Finance Assistant will be based in Dakar and will report to the Country Finance and Operations Manager.
Support to Finance Operations:
- Prepare field office payment vouchers and expense reports with appropriate documentation of all transactions for the office.
- Ensure that supporting documents are efficient and follow internal control.
- Input financial and accounting data into the Business world accounting software system as requested.
- Support preparation of FOFRs including gathering all vouchers and related documents, bank advices and statements monthly and timely manner.
- Scan and archive FOFR documents in an adequate system.
- Cash Inventory and control of Petty cash (monthly closing).
- Perform routine banking transactions and preparation of bank checks and/or wires, support reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
- Assist the Finance Manager with monitoring budget advances for workshop and/or meetings.
- Ensure that all office accounts (i.e., telephone, internet, building services, office rent, taxes, and vendors) are paid in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Liaise with International accounting services for any questions and requests.
- Prepare payroll taxes and any other payments monthly.
- Maintain the office inventory list updated (excluding computer and other IT related equipment) and put barcode.
- Monitor office machines are tagged with an inventory barcode.
- Do a bi-annual asset inventory.
- Employee and non- employee Advance Account: ensure that advances are cleared on time within the month of closing.
- Analyze other receivables and Clearing Account.
- Ensure that all documents follow PATH Procurement policy
- Ensure the 3-way match before processing invoices.
- Quarterly travel report for PATH Dakar
- Provide support to other programs for all finance aspects.