PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is seeking a Finance Assistant to provide support to administration and finance activities in the Ghana office. The Finance Assistant will report to the PATH Ghana Finance and Administrative Officer and will focus his/her efforts on helping to advance PATH Ghana projects; delivering quality, efficient and optimized project outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare field office payment vouchers and expense reports with appropriate documentation of all transactions for the office;
- Ensure that supporting documents are efficient and follow internal control;
- Input financial and accounting data into the Business world accounting software system as requested;
- Support preparation of Field Office Financial Reports (FOFRs) including gathering all vouchers and related documents, bank advices and statements on a monthly basis and timely manner;
- Scan and archive FOFR documents;
- Perform cash inventory and control (monthly closing);
- Support reconciliation of monthly bank statements;
- Assist with monitoring budget advances for workshop and/or meetings;
- Ensure that all office accounts (i.e. telephone, internet, building services, office rent, taxes and vendors) are paid in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Liaise with International accounting services for any questions and requests;
- Prepare payroll taxes and any other payments on a monthly basis;
- Maintain the office inventory list updated (excluding computer and other IT related equipment) and put barcode;
- Monitor office machines are tagged with an inventory barcode;
- Do a bi-annual asset inventory.
- Employee and non-employee Advance Account: ensure that advances are cleared on time within the month of closing;
- Analyze other receivables and Clearing Account.
- Ensure that all documents follow PATH Procurement policy;
- Ensure the 3-way match before processing invoices.
- Liaise with Project Assistant to produce quarterly travel report for PATH Ghana;
- Assist project officers for their advance requests;
- Provide support to other programs for all finance aspects.