PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s Global Health Security Initiative (GHSI) leads several projects that serve the Global Health Security Agenda and aim to strengthen global capacity to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats. These include the five-year, Centers for Disease Control (CDC)-funded Global Health Security Partnership (GHSP) project; the USAID Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) project; and the USAID Discovery and Exploration of Emerging Pathogens–Viral Zoonoses (DEEP VZN) and Fleming Fund projects aimed at combatting and preventing the spread of antimicrobial resistance.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Finance and Program Operations Assistant to provide administrative and financial support to our GHSI team and associated projects. The Finance and Program Operations Assistant will report to our Global Project Administrator (PADM).
- Provide general administrative support for the Global Health Security Initiative program
- Compile, complete, and file required paperwork to appropriate locations for consultancies purchase orders, and sub-agreements
- Review invoices and supporting documentation for completeness and appropriateness
- Complete data entry for PATH-specific financial and contracting systems
- Assist in updating monthly financial and labor trackers and forecasts for department-led and -involved projects
- Facilitate procurement needs for project teams
- Provide guidance to and collaborate with finance unit in preparing monthly financial reports and invoices
- Provide administrative support during proposal lifecycle, including budget and cost volume development, and entry of new opportunities and awards into Salesforce
- Assist with planning, travel logistics, expense reports, timesheet management, and calendar management for the team’s Project Director
- Assist in administrative and logistical coordination of large GHSI-supported meetings
- Support hiring processes for recruitment with applicant screening tools and interview coordination
- Provide occasional editorial support on technical project deliverables
- Provide support on other work, as needed.