The Finance and Operations Director will provide oversight for all financial, administrative, and operational aspects of the project and ensure compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures, guaranteeing overall programmatic procurement integrity. S/He will manage the finance and administration team, will be a part of the project’s senior management team, and will report directly to the Chief of Party. The position will be based with RTI in Kampala and local travel may be required.
- Manages all financial and operational aspects of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures, ensuring overall programmatic procurement integrity.
- Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditures and prepares pipeline estimates for the project.
- Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitors cash flow and reconciles cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Oversees human resource management, procurement, and payroll administration to the project.
- Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
- Implements and monitors cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Supervises administrative and financial support team members.
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, or finance.
- At least 12 years of experience in international donor-funded financial and grants management, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level experience overseeing administration and finance management for programs of similar size and scope; experience overseeing grants under contract (GUCs) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting, and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls.
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USAID-funded contract of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge and familiarity with USAID development sector priorities and reporting requirements; experience with programs focused on health impact considered highly desirable.
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership, and managerial skills.
- Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Prior experience managing a team of highly successful staff working in multiple locations/field offices.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable.
- Excellent English language ability and strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation communication skills.
This position is contingent upon award and funding; the anticipated award date is August 2021. To apply, please upload your resume to our careers portal by clicking on the apply button on this posting. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.