is seeking Finance and Operations Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded malaria prevention and
control project in Burkina Faso. The purpose of this project is to—in
collaboration with the Programme de la Lutte Contre le Paludisme (PNLP),
in-country stakeholders and the U.S. Presidents Malaria Initiative—strengthen malaria
prevention, control and surveillance efforts in Burkina Faso, in alignment with
the country’s respective national malaria strategic plan and USAID priorities. The
Finance and Operations Director will provide oversight for all financial and
operational aspects of the project. The position
will be based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Manages all financial and operational aspects
of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and USG financial and
accounting policies and procedures, ensuring overall programmatic procurement
- Oversees preparation and submission of monthly
financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensures timely submission of expense reports,
bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters
in the US.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures
and prepares pipeline estimates for the project.
- Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitors
cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate
- Oversees human resource management,
procurement, and payroll administration to the project.
- Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective,
timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting
are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and
have the proper internal controls.
- Provides technical assistance as required to
build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from
local NGOs including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee
financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and
- Implements and monitors cost effective and
efficient systems and procedures.
- Supervises administrative and financial support
degree in business administration, economics, or finance.
- At least 10 years’ experience in international donor-funded financial and grants
management, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level experience overseeing
administration and finance management for programs of similar size and scope.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, monitoring of
grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls.
experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG-funded project of
a similar size and complexity is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of
USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and
- Excellent track record of good
interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills.
- Results-oriented and team player
and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
experience managing a team of highly successful staff working in multiple
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word,
PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement
software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable;
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
within Burkina Faso.
- Excellent proficiency
with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English (tested FSI R4/S4).