PATH is an international non-profit organization, a leader in health innovation that works to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children, accelerating innovation across five platforms; vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices and system & service innovations that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
We seek to recruit a Finance and Grants Manager who will be responsible for providing leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, budget and financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that financial systems and policies for the project are in compliance with PATH policies, donor expectations and good financial practices;
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Advise project staff and sub-grantees on donor requirements; and provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed;
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Provide technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to the Project and Country management teams
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations related matters
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID
- Manage and liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial and administrative practices and records
- Manage project procurement processes
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project;
- Supervise and mentor project support staff.
- Ensure all the deliverables are on grants management system and advise project and partner staff on sub grant management and record keeping, systems, and policies;
- Manage disbursements to sub-grantees and other partners while monitoring financial performance and progress toward project objectives;
- Provide information, advice and technical assistance to partners and sub-grantees on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements, audit reports, procurement, and grant monitoring;
- Monitor sub-grantee budgets and expenses to ensure accurate financial records and ensure that grantees do not exceed the available budget;
- Review sub-grantee reports, and budgets to ensure compliance with grant terms and USAID regulations; and
- Work with the COP, Project and the Country Leadership team, to resolve any financial issues that arise.