JSI is currently recruiting for a Finance and Administration Director for a possible position with the USAID funded Uganda Health Activity. The purpose of this project will be to increase access and use of quality healthcare services and improve the performance of the health system. Intended high level results include: improved access to and use of quality maternal, newborn, and child health; family planning/reproductive health; nutrition; and water, sanitation, and hygiene/infection prevention and control) health services at community and facility levels; enhanced local ownership and leadership for sustainable health outcomes; and strengthened health system resilience at the community-, district-, and regional-levels. The Uganda Health Activity will also strengthen the capacity of local PEPFAR implementing partners to lead and sustain the epidemic response as part of sustainability efforts. Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda. The F&A Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, and reporting. The anticipated award date is open.
The F&A Director will report to the COP.
- Provide financial management and administration of the contract, and management support and oversight in the implementation of Activity activities;
- Coordinate with the COP to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion and that funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies;
- Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions and preparation and closing of monthly field accounts;
- Support the development of budgets, conduct budget flexibility analysis, costing of work-plans and assignment of expense codes for use by program staff in the implementation of activities;
- Ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, including fraud and risk mitigation practices;
- Oversee Activity procurement procedures;
- Supervise Finance and HR team to ensure Activity is in alignment with all local labor laws;
- Work with Activity and subcontractor staff to ensure a robust budgeting and financial management and tracking system that adequately accounts for Activity funds;
- Oversee development, implementation of and compliance with organizational manuals/policies;
- Oversee development and execution of the Project Field Office Safety and Security Manual;
- Review monthly financial reports and ensure timely submission;
- Work as part of senior management team, ensuring collaboration between functional areas, and supporting effective implementation of activities; and
- Collaborate with JSI headquarters to ensure that accurate and timely financial information is presented/submitted to USAID;
- Must be willing to travel throughout Uganda, as needed.
- Professional certification (CPA or ACCA);
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial and administrative management for large donor-funded development projects (>$30M of total award size);
- Experience managing donor-funded sub-awards and subcontractors and procurements;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Experience in risk management and implementation of internal controls;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language;
- Masterâ€™s degree or other in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field desired; and
- Expertise and experience in one or more areas: operations, human resources, logistics, or IT desired.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.