IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC is seeking to recruit a Finance Analyst to work in the South Asia Regional finance and budget team based in the regional office in Delhi.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
• Prepare MIS reports on operational and financial performance at country/ business / regional level.
• Prepare Profitability reports & analytics.
• Lead role in enhancing financial reporting capabilities for the region (by using Cognos/Business Warehouse/SAP).
• To develop monthly consolidated Advisory Services reports, budget variance reports, donor reports.
• To prepare ad-hoc financial reports requested by Regional Financial Controller and regional management.
• To assist in annual Budget planning & submissions, forecasting and variance exercise.
• Expense & cost management: Review trends, variances
• To monitor cost sharing arrangements between various departments and monitor actuals
• Provide budgeting & finance management support to Advisory business Project teams such as budget formulation, client fee, system approvals, monitoring actual expenses & funding, reposting of costs / clearance of cost center balances.
• To Serve as a Regional finance focal point for Advisory services unit and accordingly work closely with HQ counterparts as well as internal clients based in the region.
• Ensuring TRS (staff time recording system) compliance.
• To provide training/presentation on budgeting and IFC/WBG policy matters to the internal clients.
Controls & compliance:
• Help establish, standardize and document regional finance & accounting practices and processes.
• Ensure adherence to institutional policies / internal controls.
• To assist in compliance reviews & testing.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent) with at least 5 years experience in accounting and financial management in international corporate setting. Candidates holding an internationally recognized accounting or finance designation (CA, CMA, CPA, etc) will require at least 2 years of experience.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey necessary information, explain reasoning, and support conclusions using data and facts.
• Team spirit.
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles and proven practical skills in financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and financial management.
• Excellent data mining skills within complex, inter-related IT data systems, business processes and operational procedures and advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of VBA Macro/SAP will be an advantage.
• Proven track record of leading/contributing to any automation / process improvement initiative.
• Keenness to learn new processes and challenge status quo with the objective of improving overall efficiency & control
• Demonstrate awareness of WB/ IFC policies, best practice, systems and tools.SCSelection Criteria