IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
The Business Planning & Administration Department (CBP) integrates IFC corporate secretariat, strategy, resource and administration functions under one umbrella to enable execution of management and operational needs in the best way.
Aligning IFC’s strategy and resource management capabilities and deliverables while supporting IFC’s financial sustainability mandate is imperative for our strategic engagements and Client delivery. To that end, the Finance and Business Partnership (CBPFP) division has been structured with the following units:
• Financial Sustainability and Analytics unit (CBPFS) to oversee Reporting and Analytics, Profitability, Finance Partnership, Program reporting and analytics and Systems integration and projects, leveraging the community of practice of Financial Sustainability champions;
• Data Governance unit (CBPDG) responsible for implementing IFC’s Data Governance Strategy, which targets IFC’s mission critical data in three core areas: data quality, standards & definitions, and access; and
• Resources Management and Alignment with Strategy unit (CBPRM) to oversee Budget formulation,
(re)allocation of resources, deployment tracking, corporate planning, W process and Board engagement on resource matters. Providing full support in leveraging and extending capacity via IFC’s Budget and Finance network.
The Finance Sustainability & Analytics unit (CBPFS) is seeking a Finance Analyst to help support the Financial Sustainability & Analytics function which oversees the alignment of accounting results with financial/management reporting, creation of efficiencies through automation and streamlining of deliverables, and assure IT systems under budget & finance comply with business requirements and needed governance framework(s). This position reports to the Head, CBPFS.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
The successful candidate is expected to be proactive in responding to the rapidly changing accounting and business environment. His/her work product is expected to be technically sound, timely and results-driven. He/she is expected to be a team player and self-starter in identifying issues and undertaking projects through completion.
The key responsibilities include:
SAP BPC Implementation Support:
• Support SAP BPC delivery for IFC in assisting the implementation team to ensure the designed solution meets IFC business requirements
• Leverage strong understanding of SAP BPC planning functionality to provide quality input into the delivery
• Maintain and administer BPC from the business side including maintenance of related BPC solution documentation
• Provide reliable information and analysis, ensure effective back-up arrangements, and ensure timely completion of tasks and submission of outputs.
• Prepare various analyses, highlighting trends, issues, and contributions to various reports. Coordinate and lead preparation of financial reports as required.
• Proactively establish and maintain interface with the clients, within own Department and across Departments.
• Advise/liaise with staff in the Department in order to improve knowledge and awareness with respect to budget methodologies, policies, internal control policies and procedures.
Cost Analysis and Cost Effectiveness:
• Initiate and conduct studies to improve budget reporting systems and cost effective utilization of resources.
• Compile and analyze data at the Department level and propose solutions to issues identified. Independently handle complex and technical financial, administrative and cost effectiveness policy and program issues within the Department.
Financial Control and Fiduciary Responsibilities:
• Support internal control framework of the financial transactions, including review of effectiveness of the internal control systems and monitoring.
• Perform regular analyses on all exception reports and identify problem transactions/irregularities and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Within the SAP framework, take initiative to improve process and approaches, demonstrating adaptability to changing priorities and demonstrating innovative technical leadership.
• Ensure implementation of internal control points or recommendations raised by external and internal auditors.
• Assist and provide business intelligence and, if required, supporting documents and reconciliations during preparation and implementation of BPC.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Relevant Bachelor degree (Finance, Accounting, Information systems, Business Management, Economics) with minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
• Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, combined with proven practical skills in financial and cost accounting reporting, business planning, work programming, budgeting, financial management and audit.
• SAP proficiency a must. Prior experience working with SAP BPC planning functionality is preferred.
• Demonstrated technical skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Strong proficiency in Advance Excel required.
• Knowledge of reporting or analytic software like Tableau is preferred.
• Strong communication skills (in English), both written and oral, to convey complex budget and administrative financial issues in a clear and concise way to management and staff.
• Strong problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently; organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure; flexibility in handling a number of concurrent assignments
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Proven experience managing relatively complex projects, revolving differences, and achieving successful outcomes among multiple and diverse set of stakeholdersSCSelection Criteria