IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC’s Budget & Administration Department (CBA) is part of the Corporate Strategy and Resources Vice Presidency and plays a significant role in achieving IFC’s mission. Department responsibilities include business strategy formulation, budgeting, investment support, reporting & analytics, administration, procurement, facilities management and global security among others. CBA has the mandate to connect the dots across the organization and bring insight and consistency to IFC’s resource management.
The Finance and Budget Team for Budget and Administration department and HR is seeking a professional Finance Analyst to support in financial management related activities including, budget and work program, reporting and analytics, controls, trust fund management, and other ad hoc tasks.
Role & Responsibilities:
Financial management of unit work program and resources:
• Support departmental budget formulation, execution, monitoring, analysis and reporting activities. Advise on resource allocation and reallocation. Prepare forecasts on expenditures and staffing level reporting.
• Provide effective support to the Department’s management on business and resource planning.
• Monitor the implementation of the department’s work program and budget through regular reviews, ensuring the quality of the unit’s budget data.
• Monitor Accrual process at the end of FY.
• Identify trends and variations, identify/resolve issues, and discuss them with line management, working groups and other relevant staff.
Reporting, Communications and Liaison:
• Produce detailed and summary reports for Department’s management on all funding sources (Admin, Advisory and Upstream TF, BBMOH, Fees etc.).
• Provide reliable information and analysis as required.
• Ensure effective back-up arrangements, ensure timely completion of tasks and submission of outputs.
• Prepare various analyses, highlighting trends, issues, and contributions to various reports.
• Proactively establish and maintain interface with the clients, within own Department and across.
• Advise/liaise with staff in the Department in order to improve knowledge and awareness with respect to budget methodologies, policies, internal control policies and procedures.
Cost Analysis and Cost Effectiveness:
• Identify and conduct studies to improve budget reporting systems and cost-effective utilization of resources.
• Compile and analyze data at the unit level and propose solutions to issues identified. Independently handle complex and technical financial, administrative and cost effectiveness policy and program issues.
SSA/Overheads and Real Estate Capital Budget support:
• Support Budget officer in creation and formulation of unit and department overheads spending needs (CMO)
• Preparing the quarterly forecast for SSAs with IBRD. Review allocated budget compared to approved and highlight any differences
• Prepare monthly capital budget reports and depreciation model
• Work with Real Estate PMO for budget codes closure, extensions and write offs
• Provide analytical support to identify and determine reasons for trends and proactively interacting with stakeholders in IFC and the relevant World Bank service-providing functions
• Support CBAS queries and requests
Financial Control and Fiduciary Responsibilities:
• Support internal control framework of the department financial transactions, including review of effectiveness of the internal control systems and monitoring.
• Perform regular analyses on all exception reports and identify problem transactions/irregularities and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Within the SAP framework, take initiative to improve process and approaches, demonstrating adaptability to changing priorities and demonstrating innovative technical leadership.
• Ensure implementation of internal control points or recommendations raised by external and internal auditors.
• Assist and provide business intelligence and, if required, supporting documents and reconciliations during preparation to internal and external audits and coordinate their smooth implementations.
• Relevant bachelor degree (Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Project Management) with five years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, combined with proven practical skills in financial and cost accounting reporting, business planning, work programming, budgeting, financial management and audit. Ability to understand different financial reports and ledgers. Excellent knowledge of relevant budget guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships between budget processes, business operations and objectives and good conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills.
• Working proficiency in SAP, AO, BPC, and other RM systems used by IFC for transactional and reporting purposes
• Strong problem solving, conceptual, and analytical skills.
• Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information from SAP or other databases and clearly and concisely prepare results.
• Exceptional spreadsheet design and manipulation skills, ability to quickly develop effective understandings of logical accounting data structures and data inter-relationships to effectively evaluate and make recommendations on process/system controls; proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Power Point presentation software.
• Proven, consistent dedication to excellence and consummate attention to detail.
• Proven, strong skills in data analytics and visualization with proficiency with the tools e.g. Power BI, AO, Tableau etc
• Proven experience in the development and implementation of new technologies related to resource management and budget/operations monitoring. Interest in or enthusiasm around working with technology rollouts.
• Strong communication skills (in English), both written and oral, to convey complex budget and administrative financial issues in a clear and concise way to management and staff
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure; flexibility in handling a number of concurrent assignments.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external partners in a multicultural environment. Ability to develop solid relationships with key stakeholders and build productive partnerships.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||May 17, 2021|