USAID/Mexico Resilient Civil Society Activity (RSA) is a four-year project that will strengthen CSOs’ abilities to develop and apply evidence-based solutions to critical development challenges in human rights, justice, transparency, sustainable landscapes and crime and violence prevention. RSA will build on previous USAID and other donor investments in Mexico’s civil society sector, while also engaging new and emerging partners. RSA will employ a tailored, participatory and inclusive capacity-development program focused on priority areas, performance improvement, networking and local systems engagement.
SI seeks a part-time Finance & Administration Specialist to oversee financial and administrative aspects for all project activities in Mexico; this includes oversight of procurement, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, and records.
- With support from HQ, the F&A Specialist will manage the program’s administration, budget and preparing monthly financial reports.
- Support project startup.
- Conduct daily accounting and ensure proper accounting processes and procedures.
- Oversee logistics of events and workshops for project activities.
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are applied effectively to support the implementation of the award.
- Oversee human resources, including recruitment of staff and consultants, employee benefits, onboarding, and termination of project staff. Provide oversight on onboarding local consultants, including recruiting and mobilizing them for activities.
- Manage procurement of goods and services for the project, in alignment with USAID regulations.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 4+ years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility in finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value.
- Knowledge of USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Prior experience in managing donor funded procurements.
- Fluent written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish required. Must be able to communicate effectively in both languages.
- Only Mexican citizens based in Mexico City need apply.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.