RTI International is an independent non-profit research firm in the United States. We help developing countries and communities address complex problems in education, health, food security, governance, and economic development. Our programs emphasize sustainability, bringing partners in government together with foundations, donor organizations, the private sector, and academic institutions.
RTI is currently accepting applications for a Finance and Administration Officer for the USAID-funded Country Health Information Systems and Data Use program (CHISU) in Haiti, implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with RTI International (RTI), Vital Strategies, Macro-Eyes, Jembi Health Systems, and Global Evaluation and Monitoring Network for Health (GEMNet-Health). This anticipated activity aims to strengthen health information systems, interoperable information architecture and data use, and support Haiti’s self-reliance by enhancing capacity for local leadership and engagement in every aspect of health data. The activity is expected to build on previous and on-going USAID/Haiti interventions.
The Finance and Administration Officer will provide financial and administrative support to the Resident Advisor to ensure efficient management of the operational aspects of the project, as well as overall compliance with contractual requirements, organizations policies, USAID regulations, and local law. S/he will assist with the oversight of travel, procurement, and record management and liaise with other RTI projects in country. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Support daily administrative operations of the project, procurement of the support/supply to provide to the Unit of Evaluation and Planning/Programming (UEP) within the Ministry of Public Health and Population (MSPP) and record and file management
- Oversee all field financial and operations activities in alignment with RTI’s global operations practices
- Ensure compliance with USAID’s, RTI’s, and country’s rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ensure effective coordination between office operations and implementing team
- Provide and monitor project petty cash
- Maintain communication with home office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project
- Ensure project staff are properly trained in project data management systems, and that staff actively incorporate the data management system into daily project activities
- Make travel arrangements for domestic travel for project staff
- Ensure that administrative records and project personnel documentation are well-organized, maintained, and updated
- Ensure that all new and current staff are trained on personnel policies and administrative procedures
- Oversee project vehicle maintenance
- Secondary point of contact for Security alerts in coordination with the security advisors
- Ensure that all administrative files are updated regularly
- Results-driven to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Detail-orientated and proficient in financial management
- Problem-solver and action-oriented to move tasks forward towards completion
- Master’s degree with 3 years of experience or bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in project administration and finances
- Experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID, is preferable
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks and/or accounting software
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- English fluency is required