Social Impact is conducting a midterm performance evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN II) project, implemented by Winrock International.
Since 2017, Winrock International has implemented the Knowledge-Based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II activity. This activity addresses four areas: (I) Improve the productivity of selected agricultural market systems; (II) strengthen the competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness of selected agricultural market systems; (III) strengthen the enabling environment of selected agricultural market systems; (IV) increase ability of vulnerable communities to act on business opportunities within selected market systems; and (V) apply collaboration, learning, and adaptation to market systems development.
The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to assess USAID/Nepal’s efforts to strengthen the performance of the selected agriculture market systems against performance indicators and targets. The evaluation will examine efforts to strengthen key market actors’ roles in delivering services in the selected agriculture value chains and also examine the effectiveness on creating an enabling policy environment for private sector engagement in agriculture. The findings from the evaluation will be used to determine whether the activity is on the right track and to generate recommendations for further improvement and adaptation during the remaining years. The evaluation is also expected to contribute to the mission’s ongoing and future activities by generating evidence of good practices. The evaluation will be conducted April through August 2020, with anticipated data collection in program sites over a period of three to four weeks in May and June.
SI is seeking two local researchers to collect data and provide interpretation and translation services from Maitheli and Nepali into English and vice-versa for the evaluation team. Researchers will be expected to accompany the evaluation team to each designated site in Nepal during fieldwork from May to June 2020.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Nepali citizenship will be considered.**
- Meet with the SI evaluation team at the designated sites at the times communicated by the Team Leader.
- Provide Maitheli -English or Nepali-English interpretation for SI employees and consultants in meetings with local relevant stakeholders, focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Review the Evaluation Work Plan, data collection tools, and other relevant documents as instructed in order to become familiar with the KISAN II Activity and the purpose of the evaluation.
- Support SI in conducting data collection during the fieldwork, including notetaking and team debriefs.
- If required by SI, contribute to preliminary data analysis and note synthesis. Data will be in the form of qualitative notes and transcripts, quantitative data, and relevant secondary data reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in agriculture development studies or related field from a recognized national or international university and at least three years of experience working in the development sector, preferably with a focus on agriculture.
- Experience working with international organizations and stakeholders.
- Fluency in English, Maitheli, and Nepali, with additional proficiency in Tharu and Abadhi.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel to project sites, as required.
- Experience conducting program evaluations using mixed-methods evaluations highly preferred
- Demonstrable skills utilizing software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opp ortunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.