Carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the locations associated with the regional hubs in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Bank. This role ensures effective compliance to procurement guidelines for the successful preparation, appraisal and implementation of projects financed by the Bank.
Policies, Procedures & Processes
- Implements the policies and procedures contained in the procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers and executing agencies in preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures taking into account Member Countries’ needs, IsDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
Project Procurement Management
- Extend the Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support for improved quality at entry, during implementation and at completion in-order to improve project delivery.
- Provide support in project procurement risk assessment in projects as per the procurement Guidelines and follow-up with concerned parties in-order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in-order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the country portfolio.
- Review and clearance, as the case may be, of Procurement Documents (RfP, BD, PQD, EoI, GPN, SPN, Bid Evaluation and Contracts) received from beneficiaries and ensure its compliance with IDB requirements.
- Contribute in resolution of procurement issues from various stakeholders, including those related to input in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Ensure that the fiduciary mandate of the Bank is fulfilled at each stage of the project cycle of the Bank.
- Raise concerns observed in the field to the Headquarters in Jeddah to better capture lessons learnt and thereby contributing in the effective amendments of procedures, toolkits and training modules.
- Contribute in the capacity development of concerned stakeholders through organizing and preparing specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures as per the procurement guidelines of IDB, both internally and externally.
- Contribute effectively in the implementation of the annual program of the project procurement function.
- Coordinate with Regional Procurement Officers and the Project Procurement Function at the level of the Headquarters of the Bank in order to align with the priorities of the Division as per its mandate.
- Contribute in preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & and various Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
- Keep documented reports related to project procurement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with certification in procurement
- Master’s degree preferred in Engineering or related field with certification
- English (mandatory)
- Russian (preferable)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 5 – 8 years of experience in project procurement of Multi-lateral Development Bank and international Development Financing Institutions
- 3 years’ experience in project management and implementation.
Job specific competencies
- Bank Knowledge
- Country Knowledge especially related to Public Procurement
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment and Management
- Bank Policies and Procedures
- Project Management
- Motivation to learn and share
- The position is only applicable for Turkish national or citizen of Azerbaijan and Albania.
Regional Hub Ankara, Turkey
20% or more depending on requirements