Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 01 Year
The Field Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the field base. This includes the development and management of relevant thematic programmes, overall responsibility for staff, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy. S/he will be reporting to the Director of Operations and working with other senior managers to ensure that the programme evolves in line with Save the Children national and global priorities.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven skills in programme management and project administration.
- Strong skills in people management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building skills
- At least 3 years experience of managing field based operations in challenging and insecure areas.
- Extensive experience in programme management and ability to lead a programme and support a team working from remote locations.
- Skills & experience in project/programme monitoring review, reporting and evaluation.
- Proven experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting and effective financial and budgetary control in securing and managing grants.
- Experience in management of Human Resources, finance, logistics, administration,
- Proven skills/experience in security management in instable / conflict environments.
- Ability to represent Save the Children, promote and advocate for children’s rights and maintain good relations at a provincial level with donors, United Nations organisations, international and national Non Governmental Organisations and local authorities.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a stressful and demanding environment
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims values and principles
- Good experience of humanitarian, rehabilitation, recovery and transition programming
- Working experience in the Great Lakes context
- Knowledge and working experience of Child’s Rights Programming approach.
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at http://www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.