Position: Field Finance Manager
Reports to: Country Director
Duration: 2 months (with potential for renewal)
Scope of Work: During the Contracting Period, Contractor shall provide the following services to Relief International:
Position Summary: The Finance Manager for RI-Jordan will be responsible for leading and implementing all duties related to financial management of RI’s program in Jordan, taking into account specific project needs, donor compliance, sound financial management practices, and the legal framework of the Government of Jordan (GOJ). The position reports directly to the Country Director with a technical reporting line to the Regional Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will coordinate closely in country with the heads of Departments including: Operations, HR and Programs.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Financial Reporting, Analysis and Follow-Up
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly RFF requests for projects; Follow up to ensure cash is sent to the country office from Global Support Office (GSO) in accordance to the RFF is required. As Such:
- The Finance Manager must monitor the amount of cash in country and alert Country Director, Regional Finance Manager and GSO in case of foreseen cash shortage that could negatively impact project implementation or country operations.
- Financial review of all procurement documentation and payment requests to ensure compliance with RI policies and procedures and project budgets; this will include signing those procurement documentation within the threshold per the country-level Authorization Matrix
- Review detailed BVAs released from GSO on a monthly basis to check for adjustments that may need to take place, and follow up accordingly with Country Director and Regional Finance Manager as necessary.
- Manage the preparation of all donor reports and review them with the Country Director before submission to the Regional Finance Manager for approval.
- Develop budget projection/spend-down plan to execute expenses within the budget spending for each project in coordination with the Regional Finance Manager, and shared with the Country Director on a monthly basis and/or more frequently as requested. Maintain field project pipelines, including tracking of accruals, commitments and update field expenditures on the monthly basis. This task will also include maintaining and updating regularly Country Operational Budget.
- The Finance Manager will lead monthly Spend-Down Plan meetings with each Program Manager for each project, and share with the Country Director updated plan for entire Jordan portfolio on a monthly basis. This task will also include:
- Assisting management team, including Country Director, Program Managers, Operations Manager and HR Manager in solution-oriented approaches towards meeting program and operational support needs while remaining within budget and donor compliance limitations.
- Monitoring expenditures per project and follow up closely to ensure documenting and spending project as per budget.
- Working with Program Team and other relevant staff to prepare modifications and realignments of project budgets when necessary.
- Ensuring clear and well-planned allocations across and within projects.
- Lead on budget development for new proposals and concept notes in coordination with the Country Director and relevant proposal development team (Program Manager, Grants Coordinator, Regional Program Development Manager, etc).
Financial documentation, Compliance and Audit
- Ensure that financial transactions are regularly classified, recorded and summarized properly; Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the month-end accounting close process; Make sure that co-finance expense has been identified and booked in appropriate sub- classes in the net suite accounting system. Work out the remaining liability of projects of Co-financing which has not been recovered and proposed the recovery plan for all co-finance. projects; Ensure that all financial records and backup documentation have been archived to BOX on a monthly basis;
- Develop and implement an internal system to check and reinforce accurate documentation within the department;
- In conjunction with the Country Director and supported by the Regional Finance Manager, coordinate and oversee all internal and external audits including ensuring that all financial records and backup documentation are ready and available;
- Ensure compliance with government requirements related to taxes and other financial matters, minimizing risk to RI Country Office for any penalties or non-compliance with the government;
- Ensure compliance with RI Procurement, Field Accounting, Donor and Audit requirements and procedures;
- Alert and advise Country Director on any new or foreseen challenges/issues related to finance and/or compliance, and engage in decision-making process to address challenges/issues; Act as a liaison with program staff to assist in the understanding and compliance of financial policies as applicable;
SOPs, Processes and Systems
- Work closely with the Country Director and other Program staff to implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures.
- Develop and update SOPs related to the internal Finance tasks for transparency and clarity; Implement and maintain systems to ensure that cash is controlled and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with RI, donor and audit requirements;
- In coordination with HR, the Finance manager actively participate in identifying any vacancies and recruiting Finance staff
- Manage the staff of the Finance Department, including but not limited to: employee relations, task delegation, capacity building, teamwork and collaboration, completion of performance evaluations in a timely manner; and leaves’ management. Issues faced in any of the above mentioned tasks should be reported to the HR Manager and all decisions taken should be in alignment with RI’s policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and act upon deficiencies and areas for improvement in the in-country Finance team, providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that finance staff capacity is continuously developing.
- Ensure effective resource management and maximize cost effectiveness and value for money throughout the program.
- Participate/ spearhead in-country auditing of program processes that have financial elements to them; for example: payments to volunteers, etc.
- Lead the annual financial operational planning process in close collaboration with the Country Director and supported by the Regional Finance Manager.
- Participate and meaningfully contribute to regional and global finance meetings as requested (via skype and in-person).
- Meaningfully participate in internal meetings with RI-Jordan country team, including but not limited to, Interdepartmental and SMT Meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum Education: Prefer a Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA equivalent preferred.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience at a senior Finance level in NGO or non-profit organizations and familiarity with international donor agencies and Governments grants administration.
- Familiarity with accounting software.
- Strong leadership ability and interpersonal skills and the ability to train and motivate others is a must; as are outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel widely in the Middle East region and/or regionally
- Strong verbal and written communication (*Must be fluent in English).
- Proficient with computer applications to include but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, outlook, accounting software, etc.
This document describes the general nature of the Contracting Services Contractor agrees to perform during the Term of this Agreement. It is not a comprehensive list of services Contractor may be requested to perform for Relief International.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation