Review and verify operational disbursement requests and documentation in the Regional Hub in coordination with project management unit or relevant agency. Determine whether the disbursement request should be approved, reduced or rejected in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures. Allocate disbursement commitments to relevant contracts and ensure timely completion of disbursements. Maintain accurate and complete records relating to Regional Hub’s project accounting activities, coordinate with respective parties for resolution of disbursement related problems. Provide technical support during project preparation and disbursement workshops.
Dues and Disbursement Management
- Process disbursement requests from the Project Management Unit or the relevant agency in the Regional Hub to verify and determine the appropriateness of requests and supporting documents for the disbursement in accordance with Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the Regional Hub management, project executing agencies and the borrowers, in the resolution of disbursement related problems.
- Draft clear and concise correspondence to project management unit or operational staff regarding disbursement related issues.
- Monitor utilization of Special Accounts, ensuring that the funds are properly accounted for and used in accordance with Bank procedures.
- Participate in project missions to verify use of project finances and resolve disbursement issues.
- Participate in technical discussions and new project negotiations to ensure that disbursement arrangements are compliant with Bank’s disbursement policies.
- Maintain reliable and timely financial records for project accounting and reporting on the performance of the portfolio with special focus on approval, disbursements, cancellations and recoveries in the Regional Hub.
- Participate in reconciliation of project balances and issuance of project statements to Member Countries (i.e. reconciling borrowers’ and the bank’s records).
- Prepare and update repayment schedules, prepare billing statements and track the repayment of amounts due and overdue in the Regional Hub.
- Perform specific analyses of financial or operating data and submit recommendations for consideration of management.
- Analyze the current projects status and identify any problem areas that warrant attention of the concerned departments
- Participate in standard and ad hoc analyses to meet variety of management objectives
Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Contribute in drafting policies and procedures as per management instructions.
- Provide guidance on interpretation of IDB policies and procedures, and regulations applicable to operations financing in regional hub.
- Analyze and identify gaps and suggest improvements to policies or procedures for more effective operations.
Reporting & Communication
- Prepare periodic reports on disbursement activities and disbursement projections for the Regional Hub and HQ management.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as and when required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required
- Additional qualifications of CPA, ACCA, CMA or equivalent would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting, preferably in a multi-lateral sector.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge::
- Aptitude for figures and attention to detail
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Knowledge of the development sector
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Good understanding of project management.
- ERP skills-SAP Finance Module.
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)