We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
This position manages the Foundation’s federal policy portfolio, with an emphasis on issues related to access to care. The federal policy manager will lead the Foundation’s analysis and engagement on policies related to Medicaid, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act, and support our work on a range of additional issues. This portfolio includes legislative and regulatory policies and requires close collaboration across the Policy and Advocacy department with grassroots advocacy, government affairs, and communications colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the Foundation’s federal policy portfolio for access to care.
- Manages federal policy analysis and advocacy related to access to care for people with CF, including tracking and analyzing legislative and regulatory activity, and developing Foundation positions.
- Drafts legislative/regulatory language and issue campaign materials, including regulatory comments, letters, web content, and talking points.
- Serves as subject matter expert on Medicaid, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act, as well as other issues as needed.
- Identifies trends in coverage and payment policies and proactive areas for engagement to address barriers to care.
- Coordinates with state policy, grassroots advocacy, government affairs, patient assistance, and communications teams to ensure alignment across policy priorities and campaigns.
- Leads Foundation’s policy and regulatory advocacy with coalition partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 8 years in public policy and demonstrated knowledge of an array of health policy issues. Supervisory experience is beneficial. Previous experience in analyzing public policy—including some combination of Medicaid, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act—is needed. Experience with drug pricing or pharmaceutical research and development policies a plus. Master’s degree preferred. A Bachelor’s degree, and excellent leadership and communication skills are a must.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .