As the Country Director (CD) of the Farmer to Farmer program the CD’s main responsibilities will be:
- Lead, manage and motivate the Farmer to Farmer country team – 5-person team
- Manage all in-country technical and program operations
- Establish and implement focused annual and quarterly workplans, with the goal of delivering the excellent implementation of program activities and timely deliverables
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships. Serve as the main local representation of Land O’Lakes for the F2F program to the Government, USAID, and local partner and peer organizations.
- Identify and form relationships with volunteer host organizations (ag-focused NGOs, businesses, universities, public/private sector), determine their organizational needs/strategies. Identify strategic technical needs and co-create scopes of work for impactful volunteer assignments
- Draft and articulate the scopes of work for assignments to be filled by experienced US agriculture sector volunteers.
- Coordinate the logistics for volunteer assignments with host organizations.
- Manage the F2F team to provide world class hospitality and support to overseas volunteers, ensure logistical and coordination support to enable volunteers to have successful assignments with their hosts.
- Ensure all volunteers receive proper orientation to country and assignment schedule
- Effectively manage all financial and administrative aspects of this USAID project including HR, regulatory compliance, logistics, reporting, procurement and monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordination with Land O’Lakes HQ team:
- Coordinate and communicate frequently with the project team in the US, especially the F2F Program Director and Volunteer Recruiters.
- Liaise with Land O’Lakes operational functions including Finance and Accounting and Operations to ensure smooth program implementation, as appropriate
- Identify volunteer success stories and coordinate with country team to draft success stories.
- Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to ensure a strong PMP is in place and being implemented, including the timely and accurate collection of baseline and results data collection.
- Responsible for program reporting to HQ and donor, as required
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative, learning environment – learn to grow
- Ag background – public sector, academic, donor project experience are all pluses
- Management experience running a development program – USAID is a plus
- Experience working with volunteers, managing a volunteer program, working with international students
- Time spent studying abroad or in the US a plus, as the program fields US volunteers
- Strong cross cultural skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- F2F experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Outstanding people skills – you really need a people person
- Excellent communicator
This role is part of a Regional Team of Country Directors that report into the Farmer to Farmer Program Director, based in Land O’Lakes HQ in the United States. It is a 5 year position.