- Collaborate closely with the Basic medical Sciences (BMS), Clinical and other faculty at UGHE to develop simulation curricula at the appropriate level of instruction for medical students.
- Design, test, run and evaluate simulation scenarios for medical students at UGHE.
- Work with the simulation technician to run simulation equipment during simulation training scenarios.
- Ensure supervision of students in the center, maintaining safe practices and abiding by all established policies and procedures for the center.
- Examining and evaluate students to confirm that learning has actually taken place.
- Support Nursery and Midwifery faculty at UGHE with integrating simulation into their curriculum.
- Support the simulation center coordinator in the day-to-day operations at the center including scheduling the usage, signing out, and movement of simulation center equipment.
- Maintain the simulation center inventory and conduct routine inventory updates.
- Monitor and assures appropriate standards of the center cleanliness, safe storage and disposal of simulation equipment.
- Assist the simulation center coordinator in equipment budgeting for the center.
- Follow-up and track the procurement of new simulation equipment.
- Work with the Dean of the School of Medicine and the simulation center coordinator to create sustainable local and global partnerships for simulation.
- Support the BMS faculty in coordinating basic sciences modules, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Participate in simulation research and data analysis to evaluate learning and impact of simulation-based teaching at UGHE
- Be involved in Basic sciences and clinical research projects, as needed.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or an equivalent degree
Proficient knowledge of basic clinical scenarios and emergency procedure
Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as MD at the bedside is preferred
Proven interest in medical education and scientific research
Willingness to work as part of a team in a rapidly evolving environment
English proficiency required (Kinyarwanda or French fluency desired)
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to interact with and work effectively with other faculty, staff, students
Results oriented with adherence to deliverable and deadlines
Willingness to relocate to Butaro, Rwanda