QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is currently seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to support operations and compliance on a part-time or intermittent basis.
Responsibilities will include:
Review and revise QED Staff and Facility Security Policies and Procedures
Advise on current and ongoing changes to U.S. security clearance processes and adjust QED policies and procedures accordingly
Assist in processing new employee security clearances
Assist with creation, management, and presentation of security training
Track security clearance investigations and perform administrative support functions
Provide security briefings, debriefings, and awareness training for site personnel and cleared employees
Implement security policy and direction consistent with the Company and Government regulations
Submission of Visit Authorization requests (VARs)
Conduct training on FSO processes
Ensure that clearances are active and in compliance
Assist with NISP annual inspections
Assist with annual DSS security audits
Provide answers/analyses to address questions and concerns from management
Maintaining logs of all classified material (as applicable)
Maintaining frequent contact with the company’s DCSA Industrial Security (IS) Representative
Ensuring that all security aspects of the contract are being met, to include computer security
Perform additional duties and responsibilities as needed
Technical Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
- Mastery of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Completion of all Defense Security Service FSO training requirements – Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification is a plus
- Current experience working with government information systems of record and a general understanding of personnel security investigation requirements is required
- Integrity and a professional manner are required
- Possess a high degree of organizational and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must partner with functional organizations and possess the ability to solve complex challenges independently in compliance with written and verbal guidance from both internal and external Customers as appropriate meeting business objectives
- Ability to objectively and professionally conduct investigations regarding sensitive issues and violations of written policies; issue disciplinary guidance as needed
- Fully competent in using various software tools packages such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong procedural documentation skills are required.
- Education – High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree prefered
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related field preferred. A combination of professional experience as an FSO with a small to medium size company and a proven history of managing or implementing a highly successful NISP program will be considered
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills required as well as strong analytical ability leading to exemplary execution
- Active Secret clearance required
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.