Function of the Position:
This is a full–time position performing shipping and receiving duties, including but not limited to the reconciliation of packages with purchase orders, the maintenance of the shipping and mail room and the processing of invoices. The Facilities Specialist will also assist with other facilities functions provide general support to the Office of Administration and Facilities (OAF) management team as needed.
The percentages below are notional and may change depending on business needs.
Shipping, Receiving and Mail Distribution 50%
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory, which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Notifies requisitioning departments of deliveries and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Operates and maintains postal machine and any other mailing or shipping equipment; keeps shipping area clean and organized; assists with routine maintenance of equipment and facilities; keeps shipping area locked at all times.
Facilities Support Responsibilities 50%
- Maintains department oracle database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly and or pallet jack in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages Kastle Badging system
- Responsible for assisting with Space Planning
- Responsible for Office Relocations
- Update and ensure Floor Plans and seating charts are correct
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on evolving business needs.
Grade 7:Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience, or Master’s and 2 years of relevant experience.
Excellent interpersonal skills; detailed self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, keen organizational skills, flexible to change and demonstrated natural instinct for cooperative communication.
Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing work activities, thoroughness and accuracy in data management, and oral and written communication.
Willingness and ability to be available after hours, on weekends, and holidays.
Able to bend, twist and lift 30 lbs.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Oracle).
Working knowledge of international and domestic shipping systems.
Some maintenance repair background.
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.