Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Facilities Planning and Management Unit (OAFA-FM) within Facilities Administration Division (OAFA). OAFA is under the Office of Administrative Services Department (OAS).
OAS manages the building, facilities and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Principal Director and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
OAFA-FM manages the ADB Headquarter facilities as well as its satellite office in Clark, Pampanga, including building operations and maintenance and building improvement projects. It is specifically responsible for: (i) planning, maintaining and implementing ADB’s office accommodation; building and grounds services; building systems operation, facilities and equipment maintenance; including support in setting up facilities or provision of similar services for ADB’s field offices; (ii) planning and overseeing feasibility studies of special projects, appraising such projects and making recommendations on their economic, technical and financial viability; (iii) monitoring, implementing, and ensuring procedures are compliant with regulatory codes including Energy, Environment, Health & Safety Management System; and (iv) preparing proposals for capital expenditure outlays for special projects including administration and monitoring disbursements for these special projects; and (v) technical support to field offices as required for projects and/or operational issues.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Facilities Planning and Management Administrator will, in compliance with internal controls and guidelines, manage and coordinate engineering activities for the safe, efficient and economic operation and maintenance of the ADB’s engineering services, including the implementation of assigned technical renovation projects and upgrade. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assists the Building Managers and the Senior Facilities Planning and Management Officer in the supervision and monitoring of service provider’s staff to ensure that all building services including technical and soft services, are in an optimal and safe condition and operating efficiently.
- Oversees vendor(s) performance including, regular performance reviews, quality control/assurance, adherence to Planned Preventative Maintenance program, responsiveness to requests, corrective actions, etc. Participates in divisional quarterly performance reviews of relevant vendors.
- Coordinates prompt response to queries/complaints/requests for engineering and building services through ADB’s electronic service request platform, and channels as needed to other functional/service owners for their follow up and action.
- Undertakes inspections of all assigned areas and systems to assure business continuity, standards and quality are implemented and maintained in accordance with ADB guidelines and procedures, and the local code followed by staff and users.
- Oversees the efficient operation of engineering systems including the centralized air-conditioning system comprising of chillers, cooling towers, chilled water and condenser pumps, and the ventilation system, Electrical Distribution Systems comprising of high, medium and low voltage distribution networks, switchgear and generators, water distributions systems, etc. Oversees preventive and corrective maintenance works and manages related service contracts. Monitors system data and runs analytics to identify trends in building performance.
- Coordinates and oversees contractor works on proper implementation of installations, modifications, repairs and major servicing of equipment or other activities associated with building engineering systems. Maintains and evaluates records of maintenance services undertaken on systems and equipment.
- Assists in devising of programs and preparation of schedules for the preventive maintenance of engineering services and ensures that these programs are properly implemented and completed on schedule.
- Supports the operation of a modern building automation system to ensure an energy efficient building performance and optimal indoor air comfort for users. Support the monitoring of building system data and running analytics to identify trends in building performance.
- Supports the facility appearance-care program to ensure that the site, external grounds, and workplace environment are maintained in a clean, safe and welcoming manner at all times for staff, visitors, and consultants.
- Ensures continuous operation of essential building services and prevents damage to property by making him/herself available for duty during holidays and in times of emergencies like storms, civil disturbances, etc. Participates in workplace and organizational resilience programs to avoid disruption to ADB operations.
- Conducts investigation and root-cause analysis of equipment and systems outages and failures, restores affected service without delay, and recommends measures to avoid recurrences; coordinates with public utility companies on matters such as service interruptions and other related problems.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance and Quality Control process including inspections of the building, engineering systems, and related operational activities, including building appearance and quality of workspace.
- Assists in the planning and reporting of the programs for the upgrade, improvement and renovation of technical facilities and mechanical and/or electrical engineering equipment in line with the new development in technology, government regulations and with ADB’s Energy, Environment, Health and Safety Management Systems (E2HSMS) requirements following ISO 50001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards, including Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) guidelines.
- Assists in the planning and execution of projects related to upgrades or replacement of building-engineering systems (e.g. Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning including chillers, electrical infrastructure). Undertakes design review and quality assurance processes for the technical projects and provides timely feedback to project implementation teams.
- Provides input in the preparation of annual and mid-year budget for building engineering services, including equipment and spare parts, and post-evaluation of the unit’s administrative and capital expenditures including special capital budget requirements.
- Coordinates with service providers for proper implementation of contracts and evaluates their performance. Assists in reviewing service contracts and in preparing Work Performance Statements and Service Level Agreements.
- Assists in the purchase of equipment and tools, spare parts, engineering supplies and materials, and related services by initiating requisitions and providing supporting documents to ensure efficient procurement. Verifies purchase requisitions for goods and services in ADB’s e-procurement system. Prepares requisitions and conduct regular inventory of equipment, tools, spare parts, and engineering supplies and materials.
- Provides input to reports and correspondences related to the unit’s administrative requirements including preparation of periodic accomplishment reports, reviews of applicable Administrative Orders, audit reports, best practices and other related procedures/guidelines.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Licensed Registered Electrical/Mechanical Engineer. Ideal candidate would either be a Licensed Professional (PME or PEE) or have already embarked on and working towards a Professional License.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in Building Engineering and Maintenance Services with a large organization.
- Extensive knowledge of the operation, maintenance, repair and installation requirements of building services and equipment.
- Sound knowledge of standard building management systems, maintenance management systems, power and energy management systems, and office software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Strong analytical and engineering problem solving skills.
- Extensive theoretical knowledge of engineering techniques and methodologies.
- Awareness of the application of Energy, Environment Health and Safety Management System in Building Facilities and Engineering Operation.
- In-depth knowledge of national and/or international workplace safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to analyze procedural, operations and strategic issues and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of the work unit operations and services.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6-7
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.