Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/RDMA-GDO Partners Meeting:
USAID’s GDO has recently undergone a restructuring that has resulted in a combined portfolio of economic growth and vulnerable populations technical assistance activities. This meeting will be the first meeting that will bring together all the partners under the GDO operating unit. GDO’s implementing mechanisms include regional programs, Thailand bilateral programs and China/Tibet activities. By convening all of GDO’s 11 implementing partners (IP) in a single meeting, GDO will provide an opportunity for partners to share challenges and how they approached them while also highlighting success stories. The meeting will also serve as a platform for USAID management to share recent trends and policies that impact our work in the region. This meeting will help create a common vision among a diverse set of partners and allow them to better understand how they fit into the larger RDMA and Indo-Pacific Strategies.
SI is seeking a Facilitator to lead this one-day workshop for approximately 55 participants, the goal for which is to help create a common vision among a diverse set of partners and allow them to better understand how they fit into the larger RDMA and Indo-Pacific Strategies. The event will take place on March 4th, 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand (dates not flexible). The period of performance for this assignment will be February 2020 – March 2020. The Facilitator will guide the discussions around Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting and a ‘Gallery Walk’ on cross-cutting issues, in particular, in addition to providing broader Master of Ceremonies support during the day. The Facilitator will be supported by an event manager and assistant. This is a short-term consulting position.
- Meet with GDO and other relevant USAID staff to identify needs for the Gallery Walk and CLA sessions.
- Support the development/review of session materials/content.
- Conduct a ‘dry-run’ of the event with GDO in Bangkok on March 3, 2020.
- Facilitate the event on March 4, 2020 and lead the CLA/Gallery Walk sessions.
- Draft a workshop summary report/slide deck incorporating presentation materials, notes from each session, and participant feedback (collected through a participant workshop satisfaction survey).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, international development, or other relevant field.
- More than five years of experience in facilitating conferences/meetings for large groups of international participants.
- Experience with CLA in an international development context.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Bangkok-based Facilitator is highly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com. SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identify, or protected veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.