The project is part of the global project “Green Innovation Centres in the Agricultural and Food Sector” of the BMZ special initiative “ONE WORLD without Hunger” (SEWoH). It is carried out in six central provinces of the Mekong Delta the so called “core rice belt”, which consists of 20 districts in An Giang, Dong Tharp, Can Tho, Kien Giang, Hau Giang and Soc Trang. The core element is the ability of small-holder farms, as well as upstream and downstream companies in the value chain (VC) rice and (complementary) mango VC to use income-, employment- and quality-increasing as well as climate-intelligent innovations.
The project’s overall objective is to enable small-scale farmers and up- and downstream enterprises of the rice value chain to successfully implement the identified innovations in the form of adapted business models. This assignment focuses on rice producer groups and cooperatives, and the specifics of this value chain. The support focuses on consolidated producer groups and formalized cooperatives. The identified innovations will increase farmers` income, improve quality of production and create additional employment opportunities.
- Development of training concept and training strategy for rice cooperatives (including ToT) for the following topics: cooperative’s principles & business models; good corporate governance; business plan development; marketing; financial management; internal control system; value chain promotion; quality control; negotiation and contracting skills.
- Adjustment of existing training manuals to the needs of the rice cooperatives in the project area.
- Development of a business coaching approach for the target cooperatives, of coaching capacities, and mentoring of business coaches.
- Quality control of ToT, training and coaching of cooperatives as implemented by the respective partners.
- Implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system for the contractor’s support activities.
- Education/training (2.2.1): University degree (bachelor’s) in cooperative development, capacity building, agricultural economics, business administration, or similar.
- Languages (2.2.2): Knowledge of English, B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, Vietnamese, C2.
- General professional experience (2.2.3): 15 years of professional experience in the rural development sector, focusing on cooperative capacity development and/or on organizational and management development .
- Specific professional experience (2.2.4): 10 years of professional experience in implementation of training measures and/or capacity development measures
- Leadership/management experience (2.2.5): 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company, in leading training and capacity development projects,
- Development cooperation (DC) experience (2.2.7): 4 years of experience working on DC projects
- Other (2.2.8): 3 years of experience in business development services and coaching for rural cooperatives.
In addition to specialist qualifications, a candidate should also have the following soft skills:
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Social and intercultural skills
- Efficient partner- and client-focused working methods
- Interdisciplinary thinking.
Roman Monchy email@example.com