Global objective: The global objective of the assignment is to provide the Government of the Republic of Mauritius with Technical Assistance to consolidate and strengthen ongoing efforts towards gender equality, and better protection and care of children.
Qualification and skills:
– At least a Master’s degree in law or a related field.
General professional experience:
– At least 12 years’ experience in preparation of legislations on child development including adoption and child protection issues;
– At least 2 years’ experience in facilitating participatory processes and consensus building with stakeholders;
– Excellent understanding and proven past experience in policy and legislative reform in developing context.
– Previous practical experience in law review.
– Previous experience in the legislative process and legal matters in the Judiciary and legal drafting.
– Documented experience working with and providing technical assistance to Government Ministries, Departments and agencies including law review and policy development.
– Solid knowledge and experience of legislative reviews and policy formulation as well as work in the area of child rights, protection, welfare and justice for children issues.
– Knowledge of child rights and child protection situation in Mauritius with focus on welfare and justice for children system would be an advantage.
– Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
– Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken). French is an advantage but not a requirement.
PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL THE PROJECT TITLE AND WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Applications and updated CVs (in EU format) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org