Chemonics seeks an expenditure management specialist for the proposed El Salvador Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) project. The five-year, $30-33 million project will support public financial management reform efforts of the El Salvadoran government, as per USAID’s Cooperation Strategy Development Objective 2, by improving public financial management practices, increasing domestic resource mobilization, and generating additional revenue for the public sector. El Salvador DRM will 1) improve budget planning and preparation, 2) improve the budget execution through a timely implementation of the four core modules (budget, treasury, accounting, and procurement), 3) promote sustainability of the reforms, broaden the tax base and compliance, and support improvements in tax administration and enforcement, and 4) bolster transparency and public-private dialogue on fiscal policy. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Senior-level expert to provide leadership on expenditure management, including improved budget planning, preparation, and execution to drive the objectives of the El Salvador DRM project
- Improve the efficiency of tax administration entities in the use of public resources and adhere to best international practices to enhance government budget administration
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field, such as economics, accounting, public administration, law, or other relevant field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of international professional experience in a relevant field such as budget, treasury, accounting, or procurement
- Direct experience with best practices expenditure management reforms in developing countries, including systems such as the Treasury Single Account, IPSAS, and e-Procurement
- Expert knowledge in improving efficiency of tax administration entities in the use of public resources
- Expertise in the use of best international practices to enhance government budget administration into management tool with improved transparency
- Proven interpersonal skills and proven experience in facilitating dialogue among high-level leaders
- Outstanding management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, creative problem-solving, and ethical management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English (FSI levels 4-4) is required
Send electronic submissions to ElSalvadorDRMJobs@chemonics.com by Friday, December 12. Please include “Expenditure Management Specialist” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.