GZERO Media is seeking an Executive Producer for our flagship program, “GZERO World with Ian Bremmer,” which airs on public television and across our digital platforms. This position is based in our NYC headquarters in the Flatiron district and reports to the CEO.
The Executive Producer will be responsible for all aspects of production and staff related to the GZERO World program and will collaborate with senior leadership to build our video production initiatives beyond the weekly show. The ideal candidate will have management experience on a current affairs broadcast show and/or digital video series. You will oversee a staff of 5 plus a network of freelancers and outside collaborators. You will determine and drive the production workflow to turnaround a weekly program that is produced on location around the world, and incorporates various elements of analysis, interviews and political satire using puppets.
We are a very collaborative and transparent team, but you will be the ultimate creative and editorial authority for the program. You will have important day-to-day decision-making responsibility, as well as a dominant role in shaping the future trajectory of the program. You have a history of strong news judgement and a keen awareness of journalistic rules and practices. You will have a clear view on how this program is distinct from other shows and content in this space, you’ll understand it’s appeal and have a shared vision for how to evolve and improve upon the current iteration. As a program that continues to evolve, you will closely track performance data and engage the team often in formal and informal assessments and analysis.
You have significant experience managing a show budget, forecasting appropriately and working within budget parameters. You are also oriented towards developing content and strategies that contribute to the bottom line. We operate in both the broadcast television and digital media landscapes, and you will be focused on producing for both platforms and audiences. You will be acutely focused on both delivering a high-quality show and ensuring that audiences are responding to the content.
Finally, you share our passion for global politics and actively want to find new ways of presenting information and connecting with audiences. This show is not about reinventing the same tropes of other news programs. We not only want to inform and enlighten, but also entertain and surprise our viewers. Ultimately, you have a strong desire to innovate, and will leverage talent, technology and other opportunities to create a truly unique series and brand.
- 15+ years of broadcast television and/or digital video production in the news / current affairs arena
- Management experience and strong leadership skills in television production, with responsibility for hiring and managing staff and freelancers.
- Prior budget authority and experience not only managing a show budget, but developing content and strategies that contribute to the bottom line.
- Deep experience with the various tools and methods of storytelling in the news context and the technology and techniques available to craft sophisticated segments. Predisposition towards innovating, creating and leveraging the latest trends and technology available for digital video.
- History of trusted editorial judgement and writing skill
- Experience producing on deadline for a daily or weekly show with strict deadlines and short turnarounds.
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail and a forward planner
- Comfortable juggling complex logistics and timelines
- A passion for geopolitics and current events is a must
GZERO Media is a company dedicated to providing the public with intelligent and engaging coverage of global affairs. It was created in 2017 as a subsidiary of Eurasia Group, the world’s leading political risk analysis firm. Our coverage takes many forms – print, digital media and broadcast television. Find us at gzeromedia.com.
Start date: ASAP with full benefits.
Perks of working at GZERO Media:
- Be a part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around the analysis and explanation of international politics.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – The firm contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.