The Executive Coordinator Human Resources (ECHR) is central to supporting the Human Resource’s mission to develop, establish and maintain policies and programs to ensure the successful recruitment, employment, and retention of a diverse, well qualified, and creative workforce able to offer solutions and outstanding services to our clients/communities. The ECHR supports the Chief People & Diversity Officer (CPDO) in managing priorities with professional and proactive administrative support and through serving as a liaison for the CPDO with other internal and external audiences.
S/he is central to the development and maintenance of the CPDO’s Office relationships and organizational reputation by supporting the management of internal and external engagements through timely and effective communications and administrative duties. Internally, s/he is central to the CPDO’s office through the scheduling of meetings, coordinate logistics, prepare documents, and track the department budget.
S/he supports the strategic direction of the HR Department and should have a keen sense of judgment in a variety of situations have strong written and verbal communication skills, exhibit strong administrative and organizational skills and have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
As a member of the HR team, the ECHR must understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Under the direction of the supervisor, manage internal and external appointments and events for the CPDO’s calendar, HR wide events and meetings, and retreats and coordinate with internal departments and staff on logistics and meeting preparation.
Manage a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CPDO including budget follow-up, data collection / analysis / report preparation (e.g. Key Performance Indicators of the Department).
Manage travel arrangements and prepare and submit Expense Reports for the CPDO, including working with Finance to secure expense reimbursement.
Works closely with the CPDO informing about upcoming commitments, priorities, and responsibilities and following up appropriately.
Serve as a communications hub to direct and coordinate information into and out of the CPDO’s office to the rest of the HR department and the organization. Coordinate with translators preparing emails and other messages to be delivered to the entire organization.
Provide support to the HR team during planning and execution of specific projects, preparation of events and meetings, presentations, assisting with meeting critical deadlines and providing timely communication to team members and other stakeholders if necessary.
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three-five years’ experience working in Human Resources performing general tasks and activities.
- Experience managing budget and HR key performance indicators is a plus.
- Strong Proficiency required with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Discretion and good judgment in handling sensitive information and issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and function well within a team context.
- Ability to maintain courteousness, responsiveness, humor, and service-oriented attitude in the face of demanding short-fuse situations.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.