Executive Assistant to the Chief Finance Officer
Based in Washington DC, USA
Reports to the Chief Finance Officer
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and departments reporting to the CFO including Finance, Procurement, IT, Facilities, Grants and Contracts, Cost & Pricing. The Executive Assistant will have wide range of responsibilities and will work with PSI staff both in Washington, DC and overseas, requiring flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects in a cross-departmental context. The Executive Assistant will maintain high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment. In working with internal and external contacts, including board members, dealing with sensitive issues under tight deadlines/pressures. Reports directly to the CFO.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly self-motivated, professional, reliable and capable of managing their workload, prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing complex high-level executive support to the CFO in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Assignments involve interactions with multiple levels of staff and contacts outside the area of assignment ensuring smooth and timely flow of work.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Coordination of international travel arrangements (visa, flight, accommodation and other itinerary specifics) and expense reports preparation. Ensures that all travel arrangements are in compliance with PSI procedures.
- Maintain CFO calendar and including prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands, proactively scheduling important meetings with internal and external individuals and maintaining an organized office. Respond to internal and external requests for meetings and information.
- Coordination of internal or external meetings for large groups; preparation and distribution of agendas, minutes, and other materials to attendees.
- Heavy paper and electronic flow management, including all incoming email and hardcopy documentation, and maintenance of the filing system
- Prepare and disseminate Finance Committee materials and full board presentations.
- Disseminate oral and written communications and information as requested both externally and internally.
- Compile, compose, edit, proofread, and distribute a variety of paperwork, which may include PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, memos, emails, correspondence, policies, reports, requisitions, grants, applications, travel authorizations, employment contracts, pay-related documents, and/or other related items.
- Conduct research and analytical activities, which involves gathering background material and data in support of projects.
- Run financial reports.
- Provide assistance to other Senior Directors on the CFO team including calendar, travel and expense report processing.
- Maintain confidential files and records for assigned area of responsibility.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- At least five years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Prior experience working with a Board of Directors and/or board appointed committees.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail.
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks and demonstrate willingness and ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are a must; excellent research, analytical and interpersonal skills; problem solving ability; commitment to deadlines; ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure; and the ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage calendars and effectively maintain records and files.
- Must be able to use judgement, diplomacy and discretion whenever appropriate.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Icing on the cake
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience supporting financial departments.
- Additional foreign language skills, particularly in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese, a plus.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.