The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings.
The Operations and Strategy Department was formed a year ago and is responsible for delivering the infrastructure capacity and strategic oversight to deliver on IRC2020. The Strategy Unit actively supports the planning and execution of the specific strategy initiatives and key processes required to deliver on this vision through project management, portfolio management, and governance support. The Human Resources, Supply Chain, and IT functions will continue their drive toward operational excellence and support the organization fulfill its mission through the provision of robust, scalable infrastructure.
Comprised of four distinct but overlapping functional areas, the Operations & Strategy department is coherent in structure and working towards coherence in planning and delivery. Until recently, the different parts of the department have grown independently and organically. In this context, the Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide high quality, core administrative support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Operations& Strategy in continuing to build an effective and performance focused department. Reporting to the SVP and working closely with all senior leaders, this important role will help the SVP develop a well-functioning, efficient and results oriented department. The Executive Assistant will also work closely with colleagues in all HQ departments, including: Human Resources, Information Technology and Global Supply Chain. The position is responsible for managing a range of administrative and logistical support services for the SVP including scheduling, managing administrative processes, facilitating communication, coordinating travel arrangements and tracking departmental expenses.
- Manage daily workflow of the SVP, including scheduling, coordinating travel and managing appointments
- Assist as necessary in the organization and support of meetings and conferences
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection, preparation and assembly of materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flight, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation.
- Track next steps on all meeting outcomes and communications on a case-by-case basis
- Prepare reports for the SVP by researching, transcribing, inputting, editing and retrieving text, data, and graphics from multiple sources of information and meetings.
- Manage special projects from inception to completion as assigned.
- Receive and greet visitors as needed.
- Process expense reports and invoices.
- Assist with the preparation, editing, scanning, copying and distribution of written correspondence.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree, (Masters degree preferred).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an Executive Assistant to senior leadership.
- Ability to organize, plan, schedule, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Excellent presentation and meeting arrangement skills – a good understanding of how to create high impact settings.
- Service oriented and flexibility, commitment to help and support in a fast pace, fast changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing, including working with all staff level, maintain strong working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail, excellent discretion, judgment, tact, initiative, creativity, critical thinking, organizational skills, and self-motivation.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Standard office work environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.