Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/RDMA-GDO Partners Meeting:
USAID’s GDO has recently undergone a restructuring that has resulted in a combined portfolio of economic growth and vulnerable populations technical assistance activities. This meeting will be the first meeting that will bring together all the partners under the GDO operating unit. GDO’s implementing mechanisms include regional programs, Thailand bilateral programs and China/Tibet activities. By convening all of GDO’s 11 implementing partners (IP) in a single meeting, GDO will provide an opportunity for partners to share challenges and how they approached them while also highlighting success stories. The meeting will also serve as a platform for USAID management to share recent trends and policies that impact our work in the region. This meeting will help create a common vision among a diverse set of partners and allow them to better understand how they fit into the larger RDMA and Indo-Pacific Strategies.
SI is seeking an Event Manager to support this one-day workshop for approximately 55 participants, the goal for which is to help create a common vision among a diverse set of partners and allow them to better understand how they fit into the larger RDMA and Indo-Pacific Strategies. The event will take place on March 4th, 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand (dates not flexible). The period of performance for this assignment will be February 2020 – March 2020. The Event Manager will support the execution of the event by sending out invitations to implementing partners, finalizing the venue, and meeting with GDO and other relevant staff to identify needs for event sessions. The event manager will also be responsible for taking notes during the event as well as drafting and submitting a final event report in the form of a summary slide deck, which will be a combination of any presentation materials along with notes from each session and any feedback provided. The Event Manager will be supported by a Lead Event Facilitator and an administrative assistant. This is a short-term consulting position.
- Lead the logistical organization of the event set-up, including sending invitations to event participants and securing the venue.
- Liaise with GDO and other relevant stakeholders as needed to identify event IT or printing needs.
- Provide for necessary logistics and event materials such as whiteboards, flipcharts, name tags, printed materials, etc.
- Support the Lead Facilitator with the distribution of event materials during the event as needed.
- Support the administrative assistant in taking notes during the event and collect/consolidate feedback from the participants.
- Draft a workshop summary report/slide deck incorporating presentation materials, notes from each session, and participant feedback (collected through a participant workshop satisfaction survey).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, international development, or other relevant field.
- More than eight years of experience in managing conferences / meetings for large groups of international participants.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CLA in an international development context highly preferred.
- High attention to detail and ability to draft a professional quality final event report in the form of a PowerPoint slide deck.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Bangkok-based Event Manager is highly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com. SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identify, or protected veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.