The event management and contracting expert (key expert 2) will be in charge of coordinating the administrative and financial aspects of the assignments as well as the logistics related to the organisation of events, meetings and workshops. S/he will organise and manage the “Reimbursable Service Contracts” assignments. S/he will act as deputy of key expert 1 and ensure the smooth organisation of the project activities while key expert 1 is on mission. It is foreseen that most of his/her work-time will be in the “operational base for the project” in Brussels with a limited number of deployments to the field, in particular in order to provide assistance for the organisation of complex events/meetings.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree or equivalent professional/higher education in finance, accounting, management, economics, public administration, political sciences, law, international relations or other relevant discipline;
- In absence of a university degree, relevant professional experience of at least 5 years to be added to the required general professional experience;
- Excellent oral communication and drafting skills in English;
- Excellent ability to coordinate multi-level tasks, to work under pressure and react at short notice; client oriented/problem solving attitude.
General professional experience:
- Knowledge of the European Union project management procedures, preferably through management of and participation in EC-funded technical assistance projects;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in working with (or in cooperation with) EU institutions will be considered an asset, in particular on conflict transformation, confidence building and dialogue or related processes.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in organising the logistics for high-profile and/or sensitive events and initiatives (conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.);
- Experience in hostile, sensitive and difficult environments/contexts (including experience in dealing with security aspects related to the organisation of events) would be considered an asset.