Through the Performance Monitoring and Support Program for Lebanon (PMSPL II), Social Impact supports the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff and verifies, monitors, and supports USAID program performance in Lebanon. Under this contract, SI is conducting a performance evaluation of the Lebanon Enterprise Development (LED) activity. The purpose of LED is to increase employment opportunities for Lebanese citizens. LED is supposed to apply a market-led approach to engage directly with private enterprises, private sector organizations, associations and other stakeholders, to identify and solve business related problems that are constraining enterprise and sector level sales (domestic and export), investment, and employment growth. Through this approach, LED is expected to assist individual or groups of enterprises to identify market/s or buyer/s and understand customer requirements; to diagnose the key constraints that stand in the way of boosting sales; and to find solutions to these problems using tailored solutions.
The purpose of this mid-term evaluation is to assess LED’s performance to date with meeting the requirements set forth in the contract; reexamine the underlying design hypothesis and critical assumptions and assess their validity; analyze the additionality and sustainability of the activity, and provide key recommendations for USAID/Lebanon.
The evaluation will be conducted within the context of SI’s Evaluation Quality Use and Impact (EQUI™) approach, processes and protocols. EQUI™ processes are designed to achieve a quality evaluation that incorporates learning and utilization.
SI is seeking an Evaluation Team Leader with experience in the evaluation of SME Business development projects or similar activities, and the knowledge of the adopted market-led or buyer-led approach is desirable. The Team Leader will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the evaluation team and will be working alongside at least two team members. The period of performance is from August to October 2019. The Team Leader is expected to have approximately 45 days of LOE with almost 3 full weeks in country.
- The Team Leader will approve the evaluation design, oversee the development of evaluation instruments, integrate the findings of team members, and coordinate preparation of the final reports.
- Provide leadership for the team and coordinate activities as necessary.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate team’s ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Lebanon.
- Write the draft evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Respond to USAID comments on the draft report and submit a final report to PMSPL II.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Must have at least ten years of experience managing evaluations, specifically in the design, implementation, and/or evaluation of foreign assistance programs. A PhD is an advantage.
- Must hold an advanced degree in a discipline related to Economics, Public Administration, International Development, research, or related field.
- Knowledge of business development services, strengthening business processes and SME diagnosis is required.
- Previous work experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams and designing and conducting mixed-method evaluations in Lebanon or the region is preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures is desirable.
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.