This evaluation will focus on media literacy projects or the media literacy components of projects implemented in 2017-2020 with funding from ACE and GEC with any fiscal year funds that partners were expending during this timeframe. Media literacy encompasses the practices that allow people to access, analyze, critically evaluate, create, and act using all forms of communication. The period of performance is anticipated to last one year.
SI is seeking an Evaluation Team Leader to lead overall evaluation design, supervise evaluation team members, ensure project progress according to specified timelines and produce high-quality client deliverables. The Evaluation Team Leader will manage a Media Literacy Subject Matter Expert as well as five in-country research experts and will receive administrative and technical support from designated SI HQ staff. This is a part-time consultancy position expected to last one year from date of contract award. Travel to target countries (Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova, and others) may be required contingent on the public health and safety considerations in light of COVID-19.
- Draft the evaluation work plan including an overall evaluation design proposal in tandem with project and SI HQ staff.
- Draft and finalize written reports for the client for each phase of the evaluation.
- Submit bi-weekly progress reports to ACE on team progress in completing the evaluation work plan.
- Conduct bi-weekly phone calls with client representatives during project implementation.
- Lead an Action Planning Final Workshop with key client stakeholders in Washington, DC, to discuss relevant findings and recommendations, as well as a presentation on methodologies used to the DOS Evaluation Community of Practice.
- Supervise the work of the Subject Matter Expert and five in-country research experts.
- Communicate on a regular basis with SI HQ staff and flag potential project bottlenecks.
- Travel to the evaluation’s target countries as needed to conduct fieldwork as needed (Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova, and others).
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Strong background designing and implementing performance evaluation methodologies.
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and the ability to use statistical data from surveys and training test results.
- Experience overseeing secure remote data collection.
- Experience supervising and leading multicultural teams across geographies.
- Impeccable communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with contract CORs, government technical representatives, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Previous experience working on DOS or other USG-funded projects in Europe and Eurasia of similar size and scope.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Experience in media and information literacy, including training design and delivery experience in Europe and Eurasia among diverse target groups.
- Work and sociocultural analysis experience in as many as possible of the following target countries: Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova, Central Europe and the Baltics.
- Russian language skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.