- The construction of new groundwater wells downstream from Ulaanbaatar and introduces a state-of-the-art water purification plant to remove contaminants and ensure that the water is ready for widespread municipal use;
- The construction of new wastewater recycling plant and pipelines to provide high quality treated wastewater that can be used by industries;
- Policy reforms, capacity building, and technical assistance to improve the long term sustainability of Ulaanbaatar’s water supply.
Social Impact is currently seeking an experienced Evaluation Team Leader consultant to oversee and lead the evaluation. This consultancy is remote with some travel required to Mongolia depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for the overall design, implementation, and dissemination of the evaluation.
- Liaise on a regular basis with MCC, SI HQ and other organizations involved in the evaluation. Serve as the evaluation’s main point of contact to MCC and ensuring high quality of all project deliverables.
- Develop a rigorous evaluation design using the appropriate combination of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to answer the evaluation questions.
- Oversee the data collection and data synthesis efforts.
- Ensure quality control and timely submission of all client deliverables.
- Draft, finalize and present the interim/final evaluation report to MCC.
- Provide key technical context on water supply, wastewater, and water policy to the evaluation methods.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, public administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and/or evaluating wastewater, water supply, water policy or other relevant projects in developing countries.
- Expertise and/or knowledge of evaluating wastewater, water supply, water policy and their effects within developing countries.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-topic quantitative household and or enterprise surveys in developing country context, including the use of electronic data collection tools.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and collection.
- Excellent knowledge of Stata or other similar statistical analysis software.
- Experience working in Mongolia and/or the region is strongly preferred.
- Proven strong leadership, supervision, and teamwork skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes.
- Previous experience with MCC.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.