- The construction of new groundwater wells downstream from Ulaanbaatar and introduces a state-of-the-art water purification plant to remove contaminants and ensure that the water is ready for widespread municipal use;
- The construction of new wastewater recycling plant and pipelines to provide high quality treated wastewater that can be used by industries;
- Policy reforms, capacity building, and technical assistance to improve the long term sustainability of Ulaanbaatar’s water supply.
Social Impact is currently seeking an experienced Local Qualitative and Quantitative Research Specialist consultant to support throughout the evaluation. This consultancy is remote with some travel required to Mongolia depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
** Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Mongolian citizenship will be considered. **
- Assess appropriate and feasible qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies.
- Conduct evaluation using qualitative and quantitative methods, assessing methodologies to ensure appropriateness and feasibility.
- Participate in the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments and develop and refine research questions.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documentation.
- Participate in and/or lead interviews with selected stakeholders.
- Systematically analyze qualitative and quantitative data using an agreed-to analysis approach.
- Contribute to the final report and report revisions.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables, implementing SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI personnel and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, public administration or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience supporting and/or conducting rigorous evaluations using quantitative and qualitative methods as well as triangulating data from various sources.
- Experience designing qualitative research protocols or questionnaires and overseeing data collection.
- Prior experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis.
- Proficiency with a qualitative analysis package (ATLAS.ti, NUD*IST, Code-A-Text, Ethnograph, AnSWR, NVivo, or other) preferred. Proficiency with a quantitative analysis package (STATA, SPSS, R, or other) preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Expertise and/or knowledge of wastewater, water supply, water policy and their effects in Mongolia and/or the region strongly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.