SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Evaluation Specialist for this final program evaluation. The Evaluation Specialist will play a critical role in the implementation of the evaluation. They will be responsible to manage data collection, analysis and work with DAI and OTI as needed to gather information identified as gaps. The Data Collection Manager is expected to train data collectors and maintain communication with OTI to ensure that we are up to date on developments and progress of evaluation. The full team is anticipated to include Team Lead, Evaluation Specialist, Data Collection Manager (local), Logistician (local), and Data Collectors (local).
The evaluation will run July through November 2021 (final report due November 1, 2021), with data collection anticipated for August/September (dates to be determined). The bulk of the work will be required in July, August, and September. Field work may be conducted in person, pending security considerations and adhering to GRM COVID-19 regulations.
- Contribute to a thorough desk review of program documents (to be identified) and identify any gaps in existing data.
- Support the development of the evaluation design and data collection tools.
- Conduct qualitative data analysis of primary and secondary data using systematic and rigorous analysis techniques such as qualitative coding software or tally sheets.
- Support the development of project deliverables under direction of the Team Lead, including the evaluation design and data collection tools; initial presentation; matrix of evaluation findings, conclusions, and recommendations; preliminary findings presentation; draft and final evaluation reports; and final dissemination presentations.
- Work closely with the Team Lead and SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Previous evaluation experience implementing evaluations (experience managing evaluation teams strongly preferred)
- Advanced skills in qualitative data collection methods and analysis
- Knowledge of programming on countering violent extremism strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Mozambique and/or regional experience preferred
- Flexible, able to work well in a team setting, open minded.
- Fluency in English required, Portuguese preferred