- Citizen awareness of health governance;
- Citizen engagement in health governance; and
- Citizen satisfaction with health services and governance.
The Evaluation Specialist is a consultant. The consultant will be expected to contribute technical and local knowledge to assist in the design and implementation of endline data collection for the CIHG activity. He/she will work alongside Social Impact’s Team Leader and Evaluation Specialist, supporting quantitative data collection, including enumerator training and data collection firm oversight, as well as conducting qualitative interviews and workshops with key stakeholders. In addition, the CIHG Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for taking notes and coordinating with local stakeholders to enable smooth implementation of endline data collection. He/she may contribute to preliminary data coding and analysis immediately after data collection.
The Evaluation Specialist will be expected to support to this project for approximately 26 consecutive days in the field from early March through April 2020.
**Please note: Local Guinean citizens are preferred; however, international experts with considerable experience in Guinea may be considered.**
- Prior to field work, add technically and contextually relevant expertise to evaluation design, data collection instruments, interviewee targets, and logistic planning.
- Participate in 1-2 days of internal training and discussions at the start of fieldwork.
- Support SI in oversight of quantitative enumerator training conducted by the local data collection firm. This will include training, piloting, and finalization of tools prior to fieldwork.
- Support SI in conducting qualitative interviews and workshops for Outcome Harvesting activities, including notetaking and team debriefs.
- If required by SI, contribute to preliminary data analysis and note synthesis. Data will be in the form of qualitative notes and transcripts, quantitative data and relevant secondary data reports.
- Participate in client and stakeholder presentations.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience conducting program evaluation or research, including evaluation or implementation experience specifically in the area of health or citizens engagement in Guinea, or a similar context.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with strong preference for degree relevant to public policy, public health, or another health or M&E-related field.
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, experience with Outcome Harvesting is a plus.
- English and French written and oral fluency required; local language fluency preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs required.
- USAID experience is a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.