International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Evaluation Methods Specialist
Department/Location: SEAD/Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
IBTCI is currently seeking an Evaluation Methods Specialist for a proposal for the five-year Ethiopia Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Service (EPMES) Activity. The purpose of EPMES is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable the Ethiopia Mission to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Ethiopia programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the conceptualization of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods to support evaluation design and implementation;
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical assistance to the program, technical staff, and administrators for the program;
- Support the collection, coding, processing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Support, as needed, project trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert in quantitative and qualitative evaluation design, methods, and data collection tools and instruments.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience; including five years of designing and implementing evaluations of international development programming;
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical review and support of other implementing partners’ research designs.
- Experience with USAID evaluation reporting requirements is required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: A graduate degree and/or a Ph.D. in relevant subject areas, including, but not limited to, economics, statistics, public administration/policy, sociology, anthropology or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with development programs focusing on science, technology, and innovation;
- Experience with training and capacity development of research skills;
- Experience with national institutions for relevant research is desired.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Ethiopia is essential. Regional travel may be necessary.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Ethiopia.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.