SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a full-time Evaluation Lead/DCOP who will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of evaluation, assessment, survey and special study activities, as well as related cross-cutting activities. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The Evaluation Lead/DCOP will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply.**
- Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluations reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the overall Evaluation effort, and in conjunction with the Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Lead, help make the Mission’s IPs learning and adaptive partners for all USAID’s assistance efforts in Vietnam.
- Work with COP, Monitoring Lead, and CLA Lead, ensuring that evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country.
- Support USAID/Vietnam’s staff in accessing strategic learning tools, as well as in providing guidance and support to the project’s evaluation services component including but not limited to monitor and evaluate activities to create knowledge mobilization, and knowledge management mechanisms.
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to overall management of the project to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of eight years professional work experience in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations including impact and performance, analyses and assessments.
- Proven skills in evaluation design, methods, quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis.
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience providing groups of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on evaluation-related subjects.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; and fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese desired.
- Experience working in Vietnam is highly desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability ,or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.