SI is seeking an Environmental Specialist and Workshop Coordinator to work with the Lead Facilitator and Co-Facilitator for this activity. The Environmental Specialist and Workshop Coordinator must have a track record of participating in the facilitation of similar projects and activities with multi-disciplinary participants. This is a part-time consulting position with a period of performance from August 2021 through August 2022, with most of the work being performed from August 2021 through December 2021.
- Collaborate with the Lead Facilitator and Co-Facilitator, SI, and RDMA to design an approach/methodology for the workshop and develop a detailed agenda.
- Take notes based on stakeholder discussions in workshops (and other meetings before and after the workshops) virtually based on the workshop objectives and outputs.
- Assist the Lead Facilitator in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the workshop.
- Work with the Lead Facilitator and Co-Facilitator and SI staff to arrange appropriate virtual meeting platform(s) using an interactive and peer-to-peer approach for the workshops, with the option to use presentations as needed.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables, mainly the quality and distribution of workshop reports and notes.
- Contribute to the research and reporting for the program mapping activity.
- Contribute to team organization, scheduling, and liaising with the RDMA staff regarding technical aspects of the assignment.
- Advice on environmental related topics as relevant to the workshops and stakeholder meetings and for recommendations in the report.
- Assist in preparing materials, documents, and plans for the learning sessions and workshops prior to the workshops.
- Master’s degree and at least three years of experience in an environmental discipline.
- Prior experience in strategy development and assisting facilitation of workshops and/or co-creation activities.
- Previous work with USAID or USG strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge on environmental sectors in the Mekong region.
- Experience with stakeholder mapping exercises.
- Co-creation support experience in the Asian context preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, particularly in speaking and writing, is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.