ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) Manager is responsible for the management and optimization of Internews’ ERP systems. The manager will play a central role in ensuring Internews’ ERP system is operating effectively, and will actively coordinate across multiple business administrative departments, as well as regularly engage end users to improve experience. This position requires strong knowledge of business process, project management skills, and extensive experience designing and managing ERP systems. You’re an ideal candidate if you have a close eye for detail and an ability to see the broader picture, meet challenges with enthusiasm, and welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively across departments within a diverse organization.
Currently, Internews’ offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and staff are working remotely. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this position will function remotely. We would prefer to hire a candidate who lives in or is willing to relocate to one of our Headquarters offices in Arcata, California; Washington, DC or London, UK once it is safe to do so – likely by early 2021. However, a remote location in an appropriate time zone will also be considered.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
ERP System Management – These duties specifically apply to Internews ERP system unless otherwise specified:
System Administration and Coordination
- Coordinate and manage the organization’s use of master files, roles, user views, data control, reporting, and data integrity
- Oversee and execute on-going maintenance and improvement projects
- Design and run quarterly reports to test that data integrity and accuracy within the system
- Brief departments heads and data “owners” on data and system corrections
- Maintain an inventory of reports to assure that codes, trees and other critical fields maintain accuracy as changes are made to attributes and relations
- Create new versions of reports and alerts as needed, specifically reports that need periods changed annually
- Coordinate across Business Administration and system users the creation of new reports, dashboards, analytical tools.
- Design and manage Change Management requests, approval and tracking process
- Advise and implement the optimization of quality control measures
- Create and maintain an inventory of fields and definitions for inputs/values
- Manage and track the status of all system changes, tests and upgrades tasks
- Advise on communications to the organization about system upgrades or functionality
- Ensure documentation, such as training guides, procedures, and test scripts, are maintained and regularly updated
User Support and Experience
- Research and survey end user needs
- Organize trainings and promote the use and education of ERP across the organization
- In coordination with core business units, lead the design and development of documentation and end user quick guides as needed
- Manage the process of designing, creating, implementing, and maintaining dashboards, reports, and analytical tools
- Train and support users on the use of dashboards, data extraction, etc.
- Review Help Tickets, complaints and recommendations from end users
External Vendors and Parties
- Serve as the lead point of contact with the ERP vendor
- Manage workplans and annual budgeting for third-party engagement
- Manage support requests with the ERP vendor and related ERP support vendors
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven systems management experience or relevant advanced degree
- Previous work experience implementing and managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems. Unit4 ERP technical experience strongly preferred
- Previous work experience with top international development NGOs or contractors preferred
- Excellent Project and Change Management abilities, PMP or relevant certification preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven cross-team collaboration, networking, team building, organizational and communication skills
- High-level attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience managing databases and understanding of database structure and theory
- Foundational or higher-level knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of typical business administration department processes and functions
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.