The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Global Area Liaison and the Latin America and the Caribbean Offices with programmatic and operational functions. The incumbent of this position will be able to work effectively and efficiently to complete assigned tasks as assigned.
The daily routine will also include interaction with internal clients of all levels, with the Global Ministries Regional Offices, and with various partners in Latin America and the Caribbean as well as with other geographic locations. Must be able to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to complete assignments in line with the unit’s activities and goals.
The duties and administrative functions will require the ability to consistently maintain the highest level of confidentiality, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment, and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to higher levels, and have the ability to function independently in a fast-moving environment.
âESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide telephone coverage for multiple team members.
• Provide administrative support for the team.
• Manage the logistics of setting up meetings.
• Take and distribute accurate minutes/notes on a timely manner.
• Manage the calendars of multiple team members.
• Coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls, involving numerous time zones.
• Provide logistical coordination including the booking of domestic and international travel arrangements staff and team members.
• Process timely and accurate travel expense reports.
• Maintain an internal events calendar and send reminders of approaching deadlines.
• Develop and maintain an organized system of both hard copy and electronic files and related documents.
• Assist in preparing for trainings and other events.
• Manage and process accounts payables/finances on a timely manner.
• Assist with missionary onboarding and off boarding which includes coordinating with various units at Global Ministries.
• Assist with visa acquisition for missionaries.
• Write and/or edit memos and letters as requested.
• Monitor all applications and evaluations sent by partners by acknowledging the receipt to partners via email.
• Translate documents and conversations as needed.
• Administer the intranet portal document and data as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2-4 year’s administrative secretarial experience, preferably being responsible to more than one executive at the same time.
• Proven PC skills, highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and social media.
• Ability to produce high quality external emails and messages to individuals of all levels of the organization.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure.
• Must have a positive, creative and flexible attitude.
• Must be able to demonstration diplomacy and professionalism at all times with staff, partners and stakeholders.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, works well individually and in teams, and supports colleagues.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills, paying attention to details and being able to prioritize.
• Able to perform efficiently, professionally and amicably under stress while adhering to deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent English language required, high proficiency in Spanish expected, and Portuguese desired.
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Willing and able to learn the business with a reasonable learning curve.
• Fully understand how and why tasks satisfy program goals.
• Have a clear understanding of the grant and program approval process.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met.
• Strong hardware and software technical skills.
• Able to complete tasks successfully and in a timely manner.
• Understand and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
• Management of calendar and document organization.
• Maintain familiarity with all policies and technology updates.
• Maintain confidentiality of all information.
• Comfortable working in a faith based context.
• Able to understand and respect cultural, religious and political environments.