Start date: September 2020
End date: December 2020
Status: Part time
Based in: Villahermosa, Tabasco
Prosperity Fund Mexico – Energy Strand
Funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the objective of the Prosperity Fund Energy Programme (PFEP) is to support Mexico’s efforts to increase productivity and reduce poverty by addressing key market failures in the energy sector.
The Programme aims to support the consolidation of a solid and stable energy market that drives economic growth as well as increase access to energy services through lower electricity prices and creating formal employment opportunities to reduce poverty levels. The Programme aims to do this by matching UK capabilities with the identified market failures through capacity building and sharing best practice within the workforce, businesses and regulatory institutions. The Programme’s planned Interventions aim to deliver more productive and resilient men and women, businesses and government officials that support Mexico’s transition to a low carbon economy.
DAI seeks a skilled manager to help coordinate the establishment and eventual operation of a Hub in Tabasco (Epi-Centro Tabasco), which will be an integral part of DAI’s Energy Programme in Mexico.
Specific responsibilities include inter alia:
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the establishment of the Energy Hub in Tabasco.
- Ensure the delivery of the activities targeted to the energy efficiency, energy transition and industrial safety and environmental protection sectors in the states of Tabasco and the Gulf of Mexico Region (Campeche and Veracruz)
- Build relationships at the state, regional and municipality levels to achieve the necessary buy-ins for the Programme’s planned activities allocated to the Tabasco Hub.
- Foster improved links between SMEs and the supply chain, enhance collaboration with stakeholders and boost knowledge exchange with other energy providers in the region.
- Foster links with Academia and training institutions in the Gulf of Mexico to support the delivery of programme objectives.
- Actively engage with beneficiaries to evaluate changes in requirements or demand that could lead to further opportunities for EPI Centro Tabasco
- Identify new business opportunities to improve the services offered by EPI Centro Tabasco.
- Liaise regularly with the Mexico City-based Leads, ensuring the work in Tabasco on the three pilot interventions is fully aligned with the annual workplan and priorities, as identified and agreed with the Leads.
- Work closely with the Team Leader, to ensure the effective management of the Tabasco Hub (including but not limited to: tracking, reviewing and updating key Programme documentation such as work plans, budgets, manuals, and supervisory responsibility)
- Work with the Deputy Team Leader and the Finance and Operations Manager, to ensure the implementation (and monitoring) of robust financial/accounting, procurement and administrative systems and procedures, which comply with, and are aligned to, DAI and the client’s rules, regulations and high standards
- Identify experts in the energy field and work closely with them to foster the pilot Epi-Centro training services offer.
- Responsible for complying with internal DAI financial and administrative systems, protocols and standards.
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning (MREL) Manager, to monitor progress of the pilot activities in the Tabasco Hub, articulate impact – identifying the anticipated outcomes and allowing for regular review of whether activities are having their intended results – and capture and share lessons learned.
- Support the Leads with hosting consultants working on assignments in the Tabasco Hub
- Organise and coordinate visits to the Tabasco Hub by members of the Mexico City-based team, Programme partners, and others.
- Attend selected meetings with the FCO, other UK government institutions (Department of International Trade, International Climate Fund, etc.) and/or key Programme stakeholders.
- Liaise with other UK ODA programme State leads in Tabasco to find synergies or opportunities for joint activities.
- Work with other team members to draft report of activities and milestones accomplishments.
- With the other team members, nurture and maintain team spirit and a collegial working environment that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
Reporting and support
The post holder will be supported and line managed by the Team Leader.
All project staff (LTTA, STTA, ICAs, and others) are responsible for:
- The safety and security of themselves and co-workers.
- Adhering to security instructions issued in this PSP or issued by the SFP.
Staff have a responsibility to report to the SFP any of the following;
- Any threat or incident directly affecting staff safety or project continuity.
- Updates on the security situation in their area of responsibility.
- All travel plans, including contact information and estimated dates of travel.
Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.
Last date for submission of applications is 3rd august 2020.