Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is recruiting for an Energy Procurement Expert for our project work in Kosovo. This position is for work under our regional support contract with USAID.
The Republic of Kosovo has signed agreements with ContourGlobal to construct the new Kosova e Re (KRPP) 500 MW lignite fired power plant. The KRPP project agreements include a fuel supply contract, which requires that Korporata Energjetike e Kosovës (KEK) supply lignite to KRPP. It is anticipated that the KRPP project will reach financial close in 2019, coming online in 2023 or 2024.
Given the critical importance of the mine to support the present generation fleet and the KRPP, the expectation is that there will be several associated procurement activities. KEK has requested support from USAID to assist in its procurement process. This activity seeks to support KEK in designing, implementing and monitoring a procurement process that meets international standards for transparency and economic value, delivering maximum benefits to electricity consumers to support Kosovo’s economic growth.
The approach is to place an international advisor within KEK for one year. The advisor will work at KEK, in the procurement function, reporting to the Managing Director of KEK. This advisor will then have access to a resource pool of specialist skills in the disciplines required to support specific procurements such as mining engineering, network engineering, legal, etc.
- Bidding process review and finalization
- Support KEK in recommending enhancements to its tendering and bid evaluation process, including approach, submission, review and evaluation
- Enhancements need to be compliant with tendering requirements for State owed enterprises (SOEs) in Kosovo as well as any specific lending requirements.
- This effort will cover the full range of KEK procurement of goods and services with a priority on the mining development bidding process.
2. Bid documents in conjunction with mine development
- Develop the technical specifications for tendering and procuring services to supply fuel in fulfillment of the lignite supply agreement including, defining the scope of services, minimum technical qualifications, production criteria, developing a timeline, developing cost parameters, evaluation criteria, and other relevant information.
3 Bid evaluation
- Support KEK in any post tender clarification, bid review, document evaluation findings, and support selection of a preferred vendor for each procurement package
- Provide work plans, progress reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and a final report which will describe the team’s activities, results achieved, and recommended next steps for KEK and USAID.
- Bachelor’s degree in energy-related engineering, policy, business, finance, economics, or a certification in procurement by a competent authority. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in power sector procurement related activities
- Experience working in Europe/Eastern Europe energy sector and understanding of key issues and stakeholders involved in energy project development
- Experience with international donors
- Experience in technical equipment sales/procurement
- Experience in negotiating with external vendors to secure the best contractual terms and agreements
- English fluency is required
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.