Do you love working with people? Do you have a passion for helping people, for saving the environment and for learning about energy efficiency? If yes, we want to hear from you! We are hiring a Supervisor within our energy customer operations team.
WHO ARE WE?
ICF is a growing company with a large commercial energy business. Within our energy line of business, we work with leading utility and energy companies across the US and Canada to help them design and implement various energy programs where we work with customers and contractors to provide simple but effective solutions to reduce energy costs. ICF’s Chicago -based operations center is a technical support team dedicated to providing Chicago energy customers and contractors with guidance and assistance as they navigate energy-saving program solutions.
Our dedicated energy team delivers an exceptional customer experience through prompt and accurate processing of energy efficiency applications and supporting utility customer and contractor questions in a specialized and technical environment. Our work includes detailed eligibility verification of energy efficiency rebate applications, finalization of rebate applications and resultant payments, inbound and outbound support for applicants and program participants via phone and online chat, cross-promotion of other energy saving opportunities, and other types of back office processing support for our utility clients and their customers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic and self-directed individual who enjoys learning while also supervising an operations team of 8-10 direct reports. The Energy Customer Care Operations Supervisor is responsible for working in a variety of exciting areas geared to deliver an exceptional customer experience within ICF’s commercial energy business. The Operations Supervisor oversees the operational and business process activities for our energy efficiency work. Key responsibilities include ensuring quality service and operational performance within the parameters of the customer’s program and delivery standards, analysis of operational processes, establish and maintain escalation procedures, and overseeing training needs assessments to identify opportunities for service delivery improvements. The Supervisor is responsible for employee staffing and program training, including detailed energy program knowledge and process adherence. The Supervisor also selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure operational goals are achieved.
The Energy Customer Operations Supervisor supervises technical support and administrative staff to achieve project goals. Job assignments are in the form of project objectives with specific performance goals and processes necessary to meet goals, providing direction according to established policies and management guidance, and administering company policies that directly affect subordinates. The Supervisor recommends relevant procedural changes and reviews work product to measure completion of objectives. Professional judgement is expected within defined procedures and policies to determine the appropriate action.
This position frequently interacts with subordinates as well as peers while also working with individuals in other functional groups, sometimes with guidance from the Operations Manager or others. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively to gain cooperation from others and must be able to successfully advise and positively motivate direct reports. Periodic presentations of technical information relating to specific projects and/or schedules will
be expected. The Supervisor is expected to become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems associated with the work supervised.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Ann Arbor Operations team, focusing on application processing, quality validation, and technical support via phone and online chat
- Oversee staffing goals of the local Chicago team while coordinating with other Customer Operations Supervisors to ensure all projects are finalized on a timely basis
- Promote, monitor, and when needed deliver training and mentoring to all staff
- Daily quality monitoring across all areas of support
- Strong understanding and experience with data collection metrics including processing timeliness, and other metrics that affect customer satisfaction and overall project goals
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assist with production tracking for other work projects as needed to ensure we are staffing each project appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience or associates degree and combination of job experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in an operations environment
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and workflows
- Basic understanding of business contracts and Memorandum of Understanding’s with the ability to interpret these documents
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute business processes
- Strong issue management and risk mitigation background
- Strong personnel management skills and experience
- Experience in sales or lead-generation
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal skills including professionalism and a cooperative attitude
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)